The PCK learning objectives for all volunteers are:
1. Experience cooking and eating healthy whole foods.
2. Gain sufficient cooking skills to learn how to prepare healthy meals.
3. Understand the link between what we eat, how we feel and overall health outcomes.
4. Understand where food comes from and why organic, local food is healthier for people and the planet.
5. Experience the truth that each of us holds the ability to positively impact the lives of others and that doing so is deeply rewarding.
6. Gain real life job skills, enhance interpersonal skills, increase self-esteem and confidence.