ACA Scholarship Essay
Central Piedmont's ACA department invites students enrolled in ACA 090, 111, 118, and 122 to enter the "Successful Student Essay Scholarship" Contest. Seven winners will be chosen each semester (Fall and Spring only) from the applicants to receive scholarship awards of $600.00 each. Winners will be chosen by a team of instructors and administrators from Central Piedmont.
How to Apply:
1. Applicants must be enrolled in ACA 090, 111, 118, and 122 during the semester they submit an essay to win. Previous ACA scholarship awardees are not eligible.
2. Applicants must be in good academic standing with the college (GPA of 2.0 or higher) and maintain a passing grade in their ACA 090, 111, 118, and 122 class.
3. Applicants must be high school graduates or have their GED to win. Your official HS/GED transcript must be on file with Central Piedmont on or before the essay submission deadline. Following is the link explaining the different methods of submitting transcripts:
4. Write an essay answering the question, “What Makes a Successful Community College Student?” This essay should not exceed 750 words.
5. Submit your essay using the form below.
6. No hard copy submissions will be accepted.
7. Essays will be judged by administrators and instructors from Central Piedmont. Winners will be announced during finals week in Fall and Spring semesters.
8. Winners will be notified by e-mail or telephone and will receive a $600.00 credit in their Central Piedmont account to be used for tuition and/or books here at Central Piedmont valid for 1 semester from date of issuance.
9. Submit materials no later than November 1st for the fall semester and April 1st for the spring semester.
10. Students be must currently enrolled at Central Piedmont to receive the funds.
11. Students must be in good financial standing with the college and cannot have a previous financial balance owed to the college.
12. Students must complete the FAFSA in order to receive the funds.
For more information, please contact the Division Office of ACA, English, Humanities at 704-330-6506.
*By submitting your essay to this contest you hereby authorize Central Piedmont and/or its assignees or licensees to use your essay in commercially prepared materials or advertising of those materials. Permission is granted to make changes or alterations and to use your name in editorial works or advertising.
Student ID #
CPCC Email Address
Please provide your CPCC email address.
ACA course and section number
Please provide the ACA section in which you are currently enrolled (090, 111, 118 or 122.)
ACA Scholarship Essay
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of CPCC - Employees.