Contract for Parent/Guardians
By choosing to enroll a child at Lawton Chiles Middle Academy, parents provide their child with an exciting educational opportunity. Registration of a student indicates that parents or guardians have accepted the responsibility to provide the proper interest, encouragement, guidance and home environment to foster the best possible learning situation. Lawton Chiles Middle Academy expects parents and students to comply with the requirements of the school. Please read the following expectations carefully.
1. I understand that my child is expected to attend school every day, to arrive promptly, and to remain throughout the scheduled hours. I agree to try to schedule medical appointments outside school hours. Per the Code of Conduct, if my child is absent more than ten days, a doctor's note will be required.
2. I understand that it is my responsibility to notify the school in writing if my child is to be released in the custody of another adult in order to leave the school grounds.
3. I understand that my child is to adhere to the uniform policy, student handbook, and Polk County Schools Code of Conduct. Failure to follow school rules could result in behavior probation and/or potential dismissal from Lawton Chiles Middle Academy.
4. I understand the Zero Tolerance Policy that states that fighting will result in the following:
a. First Offense: Short OR Long Term Out of School Suspension/Automatic Behavior Probation/Referred to School Resource Officer.
b. Second Offense: Short OR Long Term Out of School Suspension/ Alternative Education Placement/Referred to the School Resource Officer.
5. I understand that as a parent, I must be supportive of my child and his/her school. I understand that I am required (or an adult representative) to attend parent conferences, school meetings and other activities sponsored by the school.
6. I understand that it is my responsibility to review, sign, and return all written communications when requested.
7. I understand that my child is participating in a rigorous academic program and will maintain a passing grade in core classes, or my child will be placed on academic probation.
8. I understand that my child, as part of the I.B. Middle Years Programme, will be taking Language and Literature, Language Acquisition (Spanish), Individuals and Societies (Social Studies), Science, Mathematics, an Arts course (Visual, Performing, ITV, Digital Design), Physical and Health Education and Design Wheel, and an Elective Course.
9. As part of the I.B. Middle Years Programme, I understand that my child will participate in community service (6th grade - 2 hours, 7th grade - 4 hours, 8th grade - 6 hours).
10. I understand that if my child chooses to participate in extra-curricular activities, including clubs and sports, then my child will maintain a 2.0 grade point average and follow the guidelines provided by the chosen program.
11. 11. I understand that my child is expected to attend school daily whether on campus or through eSchool. My child should be prompt, prepared and give their best effort every day and in every class.
I understand and agree to all of the above statements.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Polk County Schools.