Booster Club Financial Policies related to Disciplinary Action:
The SME Cheer Booster Club functions, in part, as a means to handle funds on behalf of cheerleaders. Activities such as local competitions and national competitions require deposits and payments which may not be refundable, per the vendor.
As such, if a member does not participate in an event due to disciplinary action, parents/cheerleaders must understand the following:
1. No refunds will be provided to a cheerleader, parent, or business from business sponsorship funds that a cheerleader has received, should s/he be removed from an event due to disciplinary action.
2. The Booster Club cannot issue refunds of deposits for such items (but not limited to) airline flights and hotel costs. A parent can go directly to the vendor if s/he desires, but the Booster Club will not be involved.
3. If the entire fee has already been paid by a member when the disciplinary action removes him/her from an event, there will be no refund by the Booster Club of any or all of the entire fee. If a parent desires to seek a refund/credit from the airline, hotel, etc., the Booster Club will not be involved.
4. If a member still owes a portion of the cost of an item (including, but not limited to hotel, flight, competition fees) the Booster Club will not be responsible for covering her cost,00should a disciplinary action remove her from that event. In the event that her fees cannot be dismissed by the vendor, the dancer will still owe those fees to the Booster Club.
5. If a member is removed from an event which results in an increase in cost for other team members (example - hotel room, local competition fees, etc.) that member will compensate the Booster Club an amount that will allow other team members to avoid an increase in cost of that item.