Call for Presenters for the TSID 2022 Conference
Preparations are underway for the 2022 TSID Conference hosted by the Brazos Valley Interpreters for the Deaf (BVID) in College Station - home of Texas A&M University. We are excited to announce this year’s conference theme: "2020 Take 2: Sharing the Vision, Shaping the Future.” The conference dates are June 23-26, 2022, with a student conference on June 22-23, 2022.
TSID is in need of a renewed vision, and by sharing our vision, we can shape the future of interpreting in Texas. We are proud of our TSID history, but realize the need to grow as a profession as we work together to improve our skills and better prepare the next generation of interpreters to serve Deaf Texans. TSID recently adopted a new Constitution and ByLaws, so our organization is ready to act on a new vision.
This year, the TSID Conference will include tracks designated for interpreters interested in exploring Legal or Court interpreting, in addition to a track for those already interpreting in Court and Legal settings. We would love for all interpreters to explore the possibilities of court interpreting, as our profession needs more court interpreters to serve our Deaf Community
To that end, the conference committee is seeking qualified presenters to conduct workshops, lead discussions and provide skills-based training that will promote TSID's 2020 Take2: Sharing the Vision, Shaping the Future. While there is shaping that needs to be done in many areas, we are specifically looking to include training in these areas:
- Preparing to Work in the Justice System
- Court/Court Proceeding Interpreting
- Working with a CDI
- Power and Privilege Dynamics
- Supporting BIPOC Interpreters and Deaf Community
- Black ASL
- Teaming Protocol
- Mental Health Interpreting
- Understanding what Deaf Consumers Expect from an Interpreter
- Skill Building for K-12 interpreters
- STEM Vocabulary/Concepts Interpreting Practice
- Medical Interpreting
- Interpreting Ethics
- Conceptual Accuracy
- Business Practices
- Religious Interpreting
- Preparing to Enter the Interpreting Profession
We are seeking both Deaf and Hearing presenters to share their knowledge in our shared language of ASL.
* ALL PROPOSALS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN THEIR ENTIRETY BY DECEMBER 31, 2021.
* Those selected will be notified by email on or about JANUARY 15, 2022.
* Presenter contracts are due back to the Conference Co-Chairs not later than January 31, 2022. Any contracts not received by the due date will be listed on the website as "pending" for up to 2 weeks. Afterwards, subject to being replaced by an alternate workshop.
* Workshop and presenter information will be publicized on the TSID Conference 2022 website by February 1, 2022.
If selected, slides, handouts and any other materials must be made available to the interpreter coordinator one month prior to the conference start date.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Page 1 of 7
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Texas Society of Interpreters for the Deaf.