We, the members of GSUSA, respectfully request the following improvements be made to the National Program Portfolio:
1) Re-develop or minimize the Journeys to improve girl participation and engagement in the National Program Portfolio.
2) Augment the Girls’ Guides to Girl Scouting to include double the skill building badges offered per level.
3) Minimize the emphasis on Journeys in attaining Girl Scouts’ Highest Awards (Bronze, Silver, and Gold).
4) Include more emphasis on outdoor skills throughout the National Program Portfolio.
5) Improve information to better explain and detail Girl Scout traditions throughout the National Program Portfolio
We, the undersigned members, urge the national board and GSUSA’s executive team to take immediate action on these items. We strongly feel these changes will improve girl and adult member satisfaction and participation; leading to increased recruitment and retention numbers nationwide.