Ruby on the Outside by Nora Raleigh Baskins
Your Team Name
1.Which of these happened the day Larissa saw her mom at the prison?
Larissa fainted when her mother appeared.
One guard handcuffed Larissa's mom during the visit.
Officers performed a mandatory headcount.
The fire alarm sounded, and smoke poured into the waiting room.
2. What had Ruby learned about Mom's husband, Nick Sands?
He gave up his son for adoption.
He died in a prison cell.
He was a drug addict.
He robbed a bank with Mom
3. Ruby never saw her friend Tevin again after the day that--
his grandma had a heart attack in the Bedford Hills waiting room
he learned his mom had been transferred to Albion State Prison
his mom, wearing street clothes, emerged from the prison and left with him
he was caught trying to bring a knife to his mom
4. On the night of Ruby's mom's arrest, a police officer had--
helped Ruby write a poem
taken Ruby to her first foster home
given Ruby a teddy bear
packed a photo of Mom and Ruby's belongings
5. Which of these did Ruby learn from her research about the crime?
Mom had been wounded by a bullet from Nick's gun.
Mom had held the gun to the pharmacy manager's head.
A police officer had approached the get-away car and been run over.
Nick had shot a pharmacy employee named Joshua Alan Tipps.
6. What did Ruby write in one of the many stories she shared with Margalit?
Her dad lived in a big mansion in Georgia.
She and her mother had once been kidnapped.
Matoo had taken Ruby home after her mom's car accident.
Her mother had died when Ruby was first born.
7. What had Ruby done to get a two-day suspension?
She put a spider on Mrs. Chomsky's chair.
She threw a pencil at Trevor.
She stole a plate of frosted cupcakes from the teacher's lounge.
She pushed Yvette on the playground.
8. On the day Ruby was sick at the prison, what did she learn from Matoo?
The Josh who had been shot was not Maralit's brother.
Mom was to be paroled from prison in three weeks' time.
Ruby's biological father wanted custody of her.
A witness had come forward with new information about the crime.
9. What was one thing Margalit said when Ruby told her the truth about Mom?
"My mom was once in prison."
"That's a secret you shouldn't keep all alone."
"I'm your best friend."
"I want to visit your mom."
10. At Margalit's urging, what did Matoo send to Ruby's mom?
the first-place medal Ruby received for her poem about forgiveness
the photograph of Ruby and Mom outside the prison
the obituary of Josh Tipps that contained a story about his twin brother
the story Ruby had written about a character named Trudy
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of OSD Staff. -
Terms of Service