• HTNN has a limited number of volunteer positions available.
• Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
• While horse experience is not required, a willingness to learn how we care for our horses and
handle them is required.
• Our volunteers are asked to commit to one Sunday each month, for a minimum of six months.
• Our volunteer shift is from 9:00 a.m. – Noon.
• Since space is limited and volunteers need to be able to commit to their dates in advance. Our
horses are counting on our volunteers for enrichment and exercise.
• On each volunteer day, one hour is spent cleaning horse corrals. The other two hours are spent
working directly with the horses in structured activities.
• The entire volunteer shift is spent outdoors, engaged in physical activities and includes a
significant amount of walking.
• If you want to spend time grooming horses, taking them for walks, turning them out in the
exercise area, and developing relationships with these amazing animals,
HTNN may be a good fit for you!
• HTNN does not provide any riding opportunities
• Due to medical conditions and diets we do not feed our horses treats (carrots, apples, etc.).
• HTNN is a no-smoking facility. Alcohol and pets are also prohibited.