2020 SUMMER CAMP ASSISTANT DIRECTOR APPLICATION FORM
Before completing the Director Application Form, please read the following information. Answer all the questions in the application carefully and thoughtfully; attention to detail and following directions are important characteristics of a good camp director and will be taken into consideration when reviewing applications.
Job : Summer Day Camp Site Director/Assistant Director
Location : Brooklyn and Manhattan
Dates : June 29 through August 28, 2020 + several training sessions in the months preceding camp
Hours : 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Work at the best bilingual camp ever!! Dynamic team, wonderful campers between 3.5 and 11 years old. Language Traditional active camp: swimming, arts, sports, outdoor activities…
A Director is responsible for the direct care and supervision of all campers and Team members, promoting and actively participating in all camp activities, providing a safe and fun learning environment, and serving as a positive role model for campers and Team members.
We are seeking motivated team members who believe deeply in the organization’s mission and who display a record of achievement in effective supervision & management of Team members and campers. The candidate must be capable of building positive relationships, providing top-notch customer service and ensuring the safety and well-being of people of all ages. This position will require the candidate to complete multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment while maintaining the professional standards of Bonjour NY.
1. Group supervision of campers with attention to: behavior and group management, health and safety, security, and personal and skill development
2. Create a high-energy, fun, and creative experience for campers
3. Complete paperwork as assigned
4. Manage daily camper sign-in and pick-up procedure
5. Serve as a positive role model to campers and Team members
6. Monitor the organization, supervision, and administration of all activities and assemblies
7. Assure quality of the camp program
8. Oversee campers’ behavior management
9. Coordinates camp daily transportation and camp daily schedules
10. Conduct morning/evening briefings daily with Team (+ team building events)
11. Conduct summer Team member evaluations
12. Assist and support the Executive Director in any camp operation or activity
13. Attend all BNY events
14. Model behavior & group management strategies for groups
15. Monitor safety and security of all campers and Team Members
16. Conduct tours of the camp facilities and program areas to prospective camp families
17. Follow, implement and maintain the BNY Code and Look at all times
18. Exhibit BNY Core Values at all times and adhere to all company policies
19. Be accessible by phone, text and email in the evening after camp is over and on weekends
20. Have fun
21. Participate in camp activities to the extent necessary for proper awareness and supervisory functioning.
22. Establish procedures, routines and practices for camp operations
23. Ensure that risk prevention and crisis management plans are implemented.
24. Other responsibilities as assigned
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
Fluent in French?
Will you perform all of the above tasks ?
Page 1 of 14
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Bonjour New York.