Trolling of female charity CEOs - your experiences
We're really keen to hear more about your experiences of trolling so that we can shine a light on what female charity CEOs have experienced, find out how you'd like to change things, and look at how we and the sector can support you.
This survey is open to all female charity CEOs, regardless of whether you are members of ACEVO or not. Please submit your responses by midnight on Tuesday 17 September 2019.
For the purposes of this survey, we define trolling as antagonising others online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive or abusive content.
Your responses will only be viewed by employees of ACEVO, Platypus Digital and Zoe Amar Digital. We may share the wording of your responses but they will be edited to remove any identifying details if needed, and no response will be attributed without your permission. The data will be anonymously summarised and key information shared via press and online channels. The original responses will be deleted by 31 Dec 2019.
If you require any help with this form please email
Thank you for your help.
Vicky Browning (CEO, ACEVO) and Zoe Amar and Matt Collins (Social CEOs)
1. Where is your charity based?
East of England
Yorkshire and Humberside
2. What is your charity's income?
£1million- £5 million
£5 million- £10 million
3. Have you experienced trolling?
4. If 'yes' or 'not sure', what happened?
5. If you have experienced trolling, was it sexist or misogynistic in nature?
6. How did it affect you?
It didn’t bother me
It worried me, but not that much
I found it disturbing
It had a major impact on me (eg it affected my mental health or made me concerned for my safety or that of my family)
It had a major impact on me and my charity
7. Can you tell us more about the effects of the trolling on you?
8. What was the impact on your charity?
e.g. taking up staff time on dealing with it, impact on funding, or anything else
9. What support would you like from voluntary sector umbrella / support organisations?
10. What other changes would you like to see?
Changes to how the social media platforms operate
Help from the police
Support from the media
11. Are you happy for us to contact you to find out more?
You could still be anonymous if we did this.
12. If we can contact you, what's your email address?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Platypus Digital.
Terms of Service