Hume Valley School- Google Apps for Education
Privacy Information and Parental Consent Form
Our School is planning to use online services listed below in the classroom
- Google Classrooms
We seek your consent for your child to use any of the above stated online services as sensitive information may be collected about your child. Outside of Australia, Google holds user data in data centers located around the world.
The information is also subject to such country’s jurisdictions.
This consent is to be read in conjunction with the following additional information:
c) Google Apps for Education fact sheet
Google Apps for Education Fact Sheet
What we need from you
Whilst we are keen to see whole classes experience the benefits of online services, if you do not provide consent, your child will not have access to the online services and alternate arrangements for allocating work will be made.
You can access personal information held by the Department of Education and Training (Department) about you and your child under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Victoria). If a mistake in that personal information is identified, the Department is required to correct it under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Victoria).
Providing a safe environment
As with all online activities, use of online services will be subject to classroom supervision during school hours. A ‘Report Abuse’ facility will be provided for students to report unacceptable behaviour. A nominated member of staff will address the issue during school hours.
To further assist your child in having safe and positive experiences online, you can refer to Parent information on the Australian Government’s Stay Smart Online website:
When using all digital technologies, students continue to be responsible for their behaviour as outlined in our school's Students Acceptable Use Agreement.
The main themes of this agreement are:
- Communication respectfully;
- Protect personal information; and
- Look after yourself and others.
Protecting your child and your privacy is important. Your child's/ren, your and your family's personal and sensitive information may be collected, used, stored and disclosed as part of your child utilising online services in the classroom.
It is important that you read how this happens with respect to each online service in the additional information provided.
Consent for student use of online services
By signing and submitting this form you confirm that:
- You have received and read this Online Service Privacy Information and Consent Form and the additional information
- You understand how your child's personal information will be collected, used, disclosed and managed.
- You understand that this consent will continue while your child is involved in the use of the consented online services.
- You understand that this consent on behalf of your child may be withdrawn at anytime in writing.
- You understand that if the school determines that the personal information is no longer required or relevant, the use of the personal information will cease.
I have read the information about the offered online services and provide permission for my child to access the following services:
Child's Name & Classroom
Parent's Name & Contact Number
Parent Signature: By selecting the "YES" checkbox, you are signing this agreement electronically.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Department of Education and Training.