Grammar Police Entrance Exam
Thank you for taking the time to complete this entrance exam.
Successful applicants will be contacted after the closing date.
Take your time; a single mistake could cost you your place in the force.
What's your first name?
What's your surname?
Which English class are you in?
(Select 'None of the above' if you are not currently a student/member of staff at Lutterworth College or The Sir Frank Whittle Studio School.)
SFWSS Year 10
SFWSS Year 11
I'm a member of staff.
None of the above.
What's your email address?
Triple-check this as you will only receive your score if it's accurate.
1. Which of the sentences below contains the correct homophone?
They're car was very expensive.
There the most annoying class I've ever taught.
Their house is next to mine.
2. What is the correct contracted form of 'could have'?
3. Which word could complete this sentence accurately? 'I emptied out my pockets of ____ change.'
4. Which of the following words is correctly spelt?
5. How many apostrophes are missing from the following sentence? 'I couldnt understand my teachers instructions.'
6. Which of the sentences below is correctly punctuated?
Although I enjoy baking, I'm not particularly good at it.
Although I enjoy baking. I'm not particularly good at it.
Although I enjoy baking? I'm not particularly, good - at! It!?
Although I enjoy baking; I'm not particularly good at it.
7. Which part of the following sentence is a subordinate clause? 'When you leave, make sure you shut the door.'
make sure you shut the door
when you leave
The sentence doesn't contain a subordinate clause
8. Where should the apostrophe go in the following sentence? 'The mens changing room was closed.'
Between the 'n' and the 's' in 'mens'
There shouldn't be an apostrophe
Between the 'a' and the 'n' in 'changing'.
After the 's' in 'mens'
9. Which punctuation mark could take the place of the space in the following sentence? 'I have spent a lot of time travelling over the past year ___ my favourite place to visit was Copenhagen in Denmark.'
10. Which word should go in the space? 'Would you like to come to the cinema with Sarah and ___?'
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service