There are a limited number of plots available to be allocated on the site. Applicants need to complete this form to enable the Committee to assess and prioritise applications and assign them to the waiting list.
1. Must live within 3 km of the garden.
2. Must have less than 6m2 of useable garden space
Priority will be given to those applicants:
• Who have been on the waiting list the longest
• Who show effort and provide assistance to the garden by attending working bees or volunteering in any other capacity
• Who are healthcare card holders
If you are applying for a Small plot, the eligibility criteria apply to the primary applicant for the plot. If you are applying for a Medium or Large plot, the eligibility criteria must be met by at least 2 of the applicant plot holders.
Before applying for a plot you will need to be a paid up member of the MCCG Inc. This requires paying an annual membership fee of $20 full and $10 concession. Fees are due each November. If your membership becomes unfinancial the committee will have the right to remove your name from the waiting list or if you are a plot holder, reallocate your plot to another member on the waiting list. If you are offered a plot, all adult users of that plot must be paid up members of the MCCG.
To Pay Membership Fees there are two steps:
1. Make a direct deposit for your fee (as outlined above) to our bank account:
BSB: 633-000 (Bendigo Bank)
Acct No: 138611835 Acct
Name: Merri Corner Community Garden Inc.
Please make sure to write your surname in the reference field so we know who the money is from .
Send a cheque made out to “MCCG Inc” c/o 3/11 Holmes Street, Brunswick East 3057
2. Email the treasurer via email@example.com to notify us you have made a membership fee deposit to the bank account and also please specify if you would like a receipt.
All applicants must read and agree to the MCCG Garden Rules linked below: