Sign-Up for St. Francis Religious Education Program, 2020-21
Thank you for allowing us to partner with and support you as you raise your children to know and love Christ, and to share fully in the life of the Church.
For the 2020-21 program year, we will be supporting families with an at-home model of catechesis instead of our usual in-person classes. We are also planning a variety of ways to connect families with catechists and others in the parish community through outreach, online gatherings, and, as conditions allow, the possibility of in-person gatherings, all in support of your efforts to teach the faith at home. Our program offerings for Kindergarten-Grade 8 will include the following:
An At-Home Catechesis Kit with the following resources:
• Finding God 2021 grade-level textbook for each child (K-8)
• 60-page (print out or digital access) of Finding God At-Home Edition parent lesson plans for each grade
• Access to online resources, including Interactive Session Reviews and Learning Games
• A Bible appropriate to your child’s grade level
Religious Education Program Events facilitated by parish staff and volunteer catechists, including:
• Seven online sessions for parents using Finding God Family Catechesis program, offered in live and recorded formats
• Family Small Groups/Catechist outreach (parents choose one); 7 or more throughout the year
• Online Religious Education Program events for all; 7 throughout the year (any of these could be offered in-person as safety allows)
• Online class meetings with catechists for students in Grades 6-8; to be scheduled every 3 weeks; families choose Monday or Tuesday evening sessions
The registration fee for this year's program is $100 per child.
To sign-up, please complete the form below. Payment is not required at this time. All who complete this form will receive a registration packet, payment information, and additional details about this year's program in the next few weeks. (Please note: We never want finances to be a deterrent to faith formation. Please contact us if you have a situation that requires assistance.)
Sacramental preparation for Reconciliation, Eucharist, Confirmation, and full initiation in the adapted RCIA for children and teens seeking Baptism will also be offered in a blended program including online and at-home formats. Since preparing for a sacrament involves formation in addition to grade-level catechesis, sacramental preparation at St. Francis is not grade specific and children are expected to have participated in religious education in the year prior to preparing for a sacrament. Families requesting sacramental preparation for their child are asked to indicate this on the sign-up form so that additional information can be provided. Please note that there is a separate materials fee for sacramental preparation programs.
Questions? Call the Religious Education Office at 301-258-9193 or email
Please share this information with others, especially those who will be new to our program!
Parent Contact: First name and Last name
Best email address for Religious Education Program communication
Best phone number for Religious Education Program communication
Total number of children (Kindergarten - Grade 8) registering for religious education this year
Please complete the information below for each child (Kindergarten-Grade 8)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service