I, the undersigned, understand that the Desktop/Laptop/Chromebook/Hotspot and any additional items listed below are the property of King George County Public Schools (KGCS). I acknowledge that the equipment being loaned to me listed below is in good working condition and that I am responsible for returning it to my assigned KGCS room by the start of each school day.
I also acknowledge that I assume all responsibility and accountability for the device and all of its accessories, including software and peripherals, once I take it off the KGCS campus and until I return it. Should the device be lost, damaged, or stolen while in my possession off campus, I assume responsibility for the repair and/or replacement. I will report any theft of this device to the local police authorities and school administration immediately.
Furthermore, I understand and agree to the following procedures:
1) I understand that while in the classroom, this computer will serve the same purpose as a classroom desktop computer. I understand that if I do not return the device on a daily basis for classroom use, this agreement is subject to termination by my Principal and/or the Office of Technology.
2) I understand that any laptop/chromebook/ or desktop computer is the property of KGCS and is subject to the KGCS Technology Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) and School Board regulations. I also understand that I need to abide by the AUP when accessing KGCS Networks from any personal owned devices. The AUP may be viewed by clicking on the following link: https://bit.ly/KGCSStaffAUP
3) I understand that any devices provided are to increase productivity and to access work-related tasks while I am on and away from the KGCS campus.
4) I will not install any software or remove any internal hardware devices, including storage devices, CD ROM devices, memory, etc. in the device.
5) I understand that when I return this computer for repair, the hard drive may be reformatted and all data will be lost. It is my responsibility to backup the data files on a regular basis to a source other than the onboard storage of this device (e.g. Google Drive, flash drive, external hard drive, etc.).
6) I understand that while in my classroom and/or on the KGCS campus, my device MUST be secured. I am responsible for its replacement in the event that my device is stolen from my classroom/office and/or the KGCS campus while unsecured.
Please read the following documents before moving forward.https://tinyurl.com/Technology-Use-Policyhttps://tinyurl.com/Computer-System-Use