Any Indiana ACTE member may nominate candidates for these awards. Please note that nominations will be accepted from now through August 1, 2018. After completing one recommendation, you will have the opportunity to submit additional nominations. Please consider nominating one individual for each award category. Also, so long as he/she is a member of ACTE, the winner of each starred* category will be eligible for consideration for ACTE Region III and National ACTE Awards.
----------Indiana ACTE Only Awards----------
AWARD OF MERIT:The recipient must be a member of Indiana ACTE. This award can be presented to one member of each affiliate each year. The recipient will be recognized for their contribution to the affiliate or the particular discipline of the member. Recipients may be recognized for any of the following similar activity:· service to or leadership in the affiliate· developing new programs· producing innovative approaches to education· active in legislation related to career and technical education· generating better public relations related to career and technical education
CITATION AWARD:The Citation Award recognizes individuals and/or organizations who are not directly involved in career and technical education but have contributed significantly to the growth and development of career and technical education in Indiana.
Recipients do not have to be members of the association. Each affiliate may nominate one recipient per year. An affiliate may choose to select one Outstanding Service and one Citation per year or they may choose to nominate two awardees from either of these categories. However, there will only be a total of five Outstanding Service Awards and nine Citation Awards presented each year.
JANENE DAWES OUTSTANDING SERVICE:This award is given to individuals who are currently in the field of education or who have spent a significant part of their professional lives in the field of education. Individuals should have made contributions or achieved prominence within their field of expertise. Nominees must be active members of the Indiana ACTE. Each affiliate may nominate one recipient per year, but only five will be presented annually.
----------Indiana ACTE eligible for Regional and National Nominations----------
Each of the following will be awarded as a state honoree. Winners at the state level, who are members of ACTE will be nominated for ACTE Region III recognition. Winners of the regional level are nominated for recognition at the national level.
* Indiana ACTE Teacher of the Year This award recognizes the finest career and technical teachers at the middle/secondary school level who have demonstrated innovation in the classroom, commitment to their students and dedication to the improvement of CTE in their institutions and communities. Members employed as full-time classroom/laboratory CTE teachers at the middle/secondary school level are eligible recipients of this award.
* Indiana ACTE New Teacher of the Year This award recognizes CTE teachers with 3-5 years’ experience (at the middle, secondary or postsecondary level) who have made significant contributions toward innovative and unique career and technical education programs and shown a professional commitment early in their careers. Members employed as full-time classroom/laboratory CTE teachers (at the secondary or postsecondary level) who are relatively new to the teaching profession (with 3-5 years' experience) are eligible recipients of this award.
* Indiana ACTE Postsecondary Teacher of the Year This award recognizes career and technical teachers and teacher educators who have demonstrated excellence and best practices in career and technical education at the postsecondary level. Members employed as full-time postsecondary CTE teachers or teacher educators are eligible recipients of this award.
* Indiana ACTE Administrator of the YearThis award recognizes CTE administrators, program specialists/coordinators, and other CTE personnel who have made significant contributions toward innovative, unique and effective career and technical programs. Members employed as full-time CTE administrators, program specialists, coordinators, and all other CTE personnel and staff (not employed as teachers or guidance professionals) are eligible recipients of this award.
* Indiana ACTE Career Guidance AwardThis award recognizes guidance counselors and career development professionals who have made significant contributions to advocate, educate and communicate the value of CTE as a viable career option to a variety of audiences in their communities. Members employed as full-time school counselors and/or career development professionals are eligible recipients of this award.
* Indiana ACTE Carl Perkins Community Service Award This award is presented to ACTE members who have used CTE to make a significant impact on a community/humanitarian cause through leadership in programs and activities that promote community involvement. This award was named in honor of the late Congressman Perkins, and is designed to recognize individuals who have demonstrated the same humanitarian concerns exemplified by Congressman Perkins.
* Indiana ACTE Lifetime Achievement AwardThis award recognizes the contributions and distinguished accomplishments of members who have been identified with the work and purposes of the Association for Career and Technical Education over an extended period of time.