WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Strong producers and performers with a history of drawing their own crowds.
- Unlikely encounters that bring together different people, languages, disciplines, ideas, and media.
- Events that engage the public in a participatory or experiential manner.
- Socially-engaged work that promotes the power of arts and culture in creating a more just and thriving society.
- Epiphany, liveliness, whimsy, experimentation, and transformation.
ABOUT THE VENUE: The beautifully-renovated Bowery Poetry operates on Saturday afternoons, Sundays, Mondays. We have a small half-circle stage, a marble bar, and table seating for up to 85. Capacity in the space is 125. We provide floor staff, ticketing, bar, and tech for all shows. We share the venue with Duane Park, a restaurant and burlesque/jazz producer.
COSTS: We are a non-profit, and sustain the organization through a mix of booking fees and a percentage of ticket sales. Successful applicants will be offered a booking contract with rates adjusted according to the day, time, and type of event.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Rolling.