2020 ART FAIR ON THE SQUARE: FOOD VENDOR APPLICATION
Now in its 62nd year, Art Fair on the Square brings together visitors from the greater Madison metro area and throughout the Midwest. It’s one of the city’s largest annual events, with some 200,000 fairgoers. Art Fair on the Square is a unique opportunity to connect with oodles of potential customers! We hope you’ll apply to join the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art at our signature event, the Art Fair on the Square!
All applicants must pay a $35 non-refundable application fee, and a $215 refundable damage/cleaning deposit. These may be paid by check or online at
. These payments do not count towards space fees.
• March 12, 2020: Deadline to complete the online application below (for best consideration)
• March 12, 2020: Deadline to pay the jury fee and deposit (for best consideration)
• March 20, 2020: Notification
• March 20-27, 2020: Invited vendors submit insurance certificates
• March 20-27, 2020: Invited vendors submit online tax form to MMoCA
• April: Vendors watch for contract/invoice to arrive by mail from MMoCA
• April 27, 2020: Vendors submit contract and space payment to MMoCA
• May 1, 2020: Last day to cancel in writing with partial refund
• May 1-22, 2020: Vendors contact Public Health to apply for temporary food vending permit
• Late June, 2020: Vendors review pre-fair materials received by mail
• July 10, 2020: Vendors set up in the evening, after 6pm
• July 11, 2020: Fair open 9am – 6pm
• July 12, 2020: Fair open 10am – 5pm; load out begins at 5pm
Read through ALL event details at
before submitting this online application or the paper application.
********PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THIS PDF!********
Vending Locations, Prices, and Assignments:
All 10’ x 10’ tent spaces (100 sq ft): $1500
Each square foot over 100: $15/square foot
• Mobile Food Carts no larger than 10x16 feet (Non-Dane County Residents): $950
• Mobile Food Cart no larger than 10x16 feet (Dane County Residents): $700*
*You must provide proof of residency and that you hold a current City of Madison Food Cart Permit to qualify for this fee.
Name of primary contact pre-fair (First and Last)
Business Name (Proper case, type it exactly as it should be listed in the program)
Name of the person who will be the lead contact during the fair (First and Last)
Primary business phone number in format 000-000-0000
Cell phone number (during the fair) in format 000-000-0000
City, State Zip
Briefly describe your past food vending experiences (e.g., how long you have been vending, how many fairs/festivals you have been a part of, etc.).
How many years have you participated in the Art Fair on the Square in the past?
0, if invited this would be our first time
More than 5 times
If this will be your first time vending at the Art Fair on the Square, list a person who will provide a good reference for your past vending experience, along with their complete phone number (000) 000-0000 format.
If you participated under a different business name in the past, list that name below:
Page 1 of 5
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Mmoca.org.