Chamber Volunteer Check-In area will be just next to the Judge's Booth on W. Main St and S. Madison at time designated in description.
Chamber Volunteers are requested to report by 9:45 a.m. to the Judge’s Booth for check-in and orientation. Coffee and donuts will be provided for volunteers.
1. Come prepared. Get Informed. Look through our web site before you get to the Parade, www.choosemonroe.com/parade. Learn as much as you can about the Fair Days Parade and Market, since once you put on that volunteer shirt, people will come toYOU for information!
2. Wear Comfortable Walking Shoes. Volunteers are on their feet a lot during the Parade, and no one likes blisters!
3. Dress For the Weather. Wear sunscreen and bring sunglasses if it’s bright out. Wearing weather appropriate clothing ensures that you enjoy your time at the Parade!
4. Be Flexible. The Fair Days Parade is an exciting, fast‐paced environment where things can change on a dime. It’s a huge help to us when volunteers are patient and understand that we may need them to do a different task than they’doriginally been assigned. That being said, we’ll do our best to keep you happy and busy!
5. No Alcohol. Volunteers and Participants are NOT allowed to consume alcohol. We strive to run a family-friendly event, so we cannot have intoxicated volunteers or participants representing our event.
6. Have Fun!
7. Thank you! The Parade wouldn’t be the same without you!
Parade Marshal (Volunteers needed: 8)Duties Include:--Ensure the parade participants stay in formation and in order--Ensure parade flow continues forward--Ensure performance groups are not impeding or stopping the parade for too.
Disbanding Coordinators (Volunteers needed: 5)Duties Include:--Ensure parade flow continues forward--Assist entries to location to disembark any riders, out of traffic--Report any problems to Parade Chairman