YOUTH ACTION TEAM
Join King County Child & Family Justice Center (CFJC) Action Team.
This is an opportunity for young people from a variety of backgrounds to come together to find and share their voice as it relates to community resources, planning, and engagement. The youth on this action team will possess a passion for taking and active approach to create a united community within King County.
ABOUT THE YOUTH ACTION TEAM
Who? The Youth Action Team is comprised of eight to ten young people between the ages of 14-18 years old from King County.
Why? The purpose of the Youth Action Team is to increase youth voice in community resources, develop leadership opportunities for exceptional youth in our community and create meaningful community engagement that crosses generational barriers.
The Youth Action Team has four main parts:
● Youth voice: Discuss solutions to community issues impacting youth and formulate ideas to address current issues.
● Gain skills and knowledge: Participate in monthly meetings, gain knowledge around civic engagement, plan effective outreach campaigns, fundraising, grant writing and leadership skills.
● Organize and facilitate community engagement events: Host community conversation events about important topics in our community and participate in planning for an expanding community resource center.
● Learn about juvenile justice operations and system change: By partnering with Juvenile Court staff, Prosecuting Attorney’s office, Defense Attorney’s, and Judges; participants will learn about how superior courts operates, and the decision-making processes associated with community services and needs. Gain connections with Juvenile Court Services Leadership to help in future endeavors and opportunities.
When and Where? The Youth Action Team meets 1 to 2 times per month at the Child & Family Justice Center at 1211 East Alder St., Seattle WA 98112 or via Zoom. Special events will be held within the King County area.
Commitment and Expectations: The Youth Action Team members are expected to attend all meetings and events. Unexcused absences may result in removal from the Youth Action Team. Snacks and bus tokens will be provided at each in person meeting. Upon completion of your commitment, including attending a minimum of 4 meetings, each participant will receive an incentive. Meetings will be held 1 to 2 times per month on a weekday that works best for the group.
How to apply: To be considered for the Youth Action Team, please complete and return the application form. No previous experience needed to be a member, only a willingness to get involved.
● Answer the application questions below to the best of your knowledge.
YOUTH ACTION TEAM SELECTION: Your selection to be on the Youth Action Team will be based on this application, community partners, and by Child & Family Justice Center staff.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service