Junior Programme Placement Test 2019
A short, 30-question test to assess your level.
You should not spend longer than 20 minutes to complete this test.
You can leave out answers if you don't know them.
Date of birth
Your email address
Your parent/guardian's email address
Does your parent/guardian speak English?
If you're coming in a group, what's the name of your group leader?
Questions (30 marks)
1. Nice to meet you. Where ________ from?
2. This is Alan. ________ my brother.
3. My sister enjoys swimming, but she ________ team sports.
4. ________ two supermarkets in the town centre.
5. Jorge understands some English, but he ________ speak it very well.
doesn't able to
6. On weekdays we ________ at seven o'clock.
get up usually
usually are getting up
are getting usually up
usually get up
7. I haven't got ________ money, so let's take the bus, not a taxi.
8. Where ________ on holiday last year?
you did go
did you go
have you been
9. Sophie is ________ than Julie.
10. Children at our local school ________ to wear a uniform.
11. Would you like ________ coffee?
12. Have you _______ to the Tower of London?
13. Right, I've got Mr. Macer's diary now. Oh, I'm afraid he ________ another client tomorrow at 10, but he could fit you in at 11.15 if that suits you.
is about to see
14. The tall woman in the grey dress is the one ________ the house next door.
who she bought
who is bought
15. Dave's worked for the same company ________ he left school.
16. Let's go to the beach! It's ________ stay indoors.
too hot to
hot enough to
such hot that we can't
too hot that we
so hot that we
17. If ________, I wouldn't trust that man.
I could be you
I am you
I had been you
I would be you
I were you
18. Apparently the thief climbed in the kitchen window while everyone in the house ________ football on TV.
19. I'll come out with you on Thursday night ________ a lot of homework to do for the following day.
unless I will have
if I will have
if I've got
unless I have
unless I haven't
20. I'm finding it difficult to read small print, so I think I should ________
have my eyes tested.
test my eyes.
have eye testing.
get tested my eyes.
be my eyes tested.
21. The first thing they asked me was if ________ the man before.
I had ever seen
I ever saw
I have ever seen
I was ever seeing
I had never seen
22. All the furniture they sell ________ recycled materials.
are made with
is made by
is made from
they make of
are made from
23. If there hadn't been such a big traffic jam, ________ my flight.
I would catch
I would have caught
I might have missed
I won't have missed
I would caught
24. In my opinion, Rob is ________ Steve is.
nowhere near a better singer than
nothing like as good a singer as
not nearly a good singer like
no way better at singing than
not a better singer as
25. ________ be the richest man in town.
He is said to
People say that he
It is said that he
He says that he
He is told to
26. I wasn't keen, but my husband insisted ________ to that new restaurant in the High Street and in fact it turned out to be very good.
on to go
that we should go
for us going
27. But for the air traffic controllers' strike, ________
we'd be in the Seychelles now.
we should have gone to the Seychelles.
we'll be leaving for the Seychelles soon.
we would go to the Seychelles.
we wouldn't been in the Seychelles now.
28. Not only ________ his essay off the internet, but he also lied to me when I challenged him about it.
was he copied
did he copy
29. Only when they'd done their homework and washed the dishes ________ outside to play.
the children could go
went the children
the children were let
did the children let
did the children go
30. ________ all his money, he was obliged to take out a loan.
Having been spent
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of West London English School.
Terms of Service