Project Borealis - Technology Director
Be part of something exciting!
As Technology Director, you’ll be responsible for implementing our project’s creative direction within the Programming leadership and team. You’ll oversee research initiatives, team staffing, programming consistency, and coordination among other disciplines. As a creative voice in our Directors group, you’ll be lending your experience and insight to make this game great.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Determining what technology is best suited for the project, understand the engine, middleware and their constraints
• Working with the Lead Programmer to manage the programming process and identify tasks
• Ensuring the game is being built with a productive methodology and solid coding practices, technical briefs, and code reviews, keeping in mind long term quality and future code sharing between projects
• Identifying technical risks for the project and developing contingency plans
• Interfacing with the Creative and Art Directors to implement features which are key to improving and enhancing our game
• Facilitating communication both within and across disciplines
These requirements are for our ideal candidate, so if you don't meet them please still feel free to apply!
• 8+ years of programming experience for AAA titles, preferably FPS single player games
• At least 3 years of experience of leading a team in a professional environment
• Great interpersonal and leadership skills
• Strong understanding of the game production pipeline and software practices
• Experience on working on a AAA game engine and full understanding of its architecture
• Experience with Version Control Software, including Git, Perforce, Plastic, and SVN
• Knowledge of 3D FPS engines (e.g. Unreal, Source, idTech) is a plus
• Enthusiasm and passion for the Half Life series
• The ability to handle multiple assignments at once while staying organized
• The ability to contribute, on average, 10 hours a week to Project Borealis
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Hoover.