ELIGIBILITY To be eligible for consideration:
+Entrants must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations, including all dead-line, film length, entry material and other requirements.
+Non-English language works must have English subtitles at the time submitted. Dialogue lists will not be accepted.
+The film MUST maintain at minimum a “San Francisco” premiere status prior to CMSF6- Both prior to and throughout our fest. NO ADDITIONAL PUBLIC SCREENINGS while at CMSF6.
+Not eligible if viewable online (youtube/vimeo- except password protected screener) in the United States.
+Not released commercially in the United States- theatrical, DVD, or other distribution.
+Eligible if released outside of the United States- theatrical, DVD, or other distribution.
Note : Submissions may be in work-in-progress form; however, works that are not final cuts must be clearly marked “Work in Progress (WIP)” or “Rough Cut” with an indication of what will change or what is missing (e.g., temp sound, Avid output, missing animation, etc.) Also, due to the volume of submissions, only ONE replacement copy (i.e. final cut) will be accepted and replacement copies will not be accepted after May 31, 2014 (unless solicited by the Festival).
If subsequent to its initial consideration, the Festival determines that a submission no longer meets all of the criteria listed in the applicable chart above, the submission will be designated ineligible.
IF YOUR WORK IS SELECTED
If your work is selected, you must fulfill the following requirements by the date(s) designated by the Festival:
(1) You must execute a release agreement wherein you (i) accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit your film at CMSF6; (ii) warrant that you have the rights necessary to exhibit your film at CMSF6; and (iii) indemnify and hold harmless Cine+Mas SF and any of their respective directors and representatives against any claim arising out of exhibition of your film at CMSF6.
(2) You must deliver to the address(es) designated by the Festival (i) one exhibition copy of the invited work; (ii) a back-up DVD for exhibition.; and (iii) additional exhibition copies, if requested by the Festival. We recommend you ship via courier in order to permit the tracking of your entry once it leaves your hands.
All exhibition copies must be delivered in any of these formats 35mm/BluRay/DVCAM/DVD as well as DVD. We exhibit at cultural centers & universities as well where formats are frequently limited to DVD.
(3) You must provide promotional collateral: high resolution digital images, link to downloadable trailer, filmmaker headshot & bio, promo postcards, & a theater poster.
(4) You must provide at least one DVD copy of the final, completed film for Festival archives.
TERMS OF AGREEMENT
+ I hold the Festival harmless from damage to or loss of the print en route or otherwise during the course of the Festival’s possession of the film; and agree to provide the Festival a print of the film at my own risk and/or provide my own insurance to cover loss and/or damage of the print. Prints and tapes are insured by UPS for up to $100 per entry.
+ I agree that all materials will be sent prepaid, and understand and agree that if they are to be returned to me, I must provide full return postage and packaging. Entries destroyed otherwise.
+ I understand that acceptance of my film does not guarantee airline or hotel accommodations for any party of the film’s production. I understand the Festival does not pay rental fees.
+ I agree that if accepted, the Festival may use stills &/or up to 3 mins. of footage from this submission for Festival promotion, publicity & marketing via internet, print, screen, radio &/or TV.
+ I understand that the number of screenings, days and venue is at the sole discretion of the Festival.
+ I understand that once a film is submitted for entry, it may not be withdrawn.
By SUBMITTING this form & fees (when applicable) you agree to the terms of agreement.
Fees & Deadlines (Postmarked)
Free submission to everyone before February 21, 2014
Free submissions for films from Latin America.
* Free submission before Feb 21, 2014
* Free submission for films from Latin America
* $10 feature/ $7 mid-length/ $5 short film. Mar 10,2014
* $30 feature/ $20 mid-length/ $15 short May 10, 2014
* $65/feature/ $47 mid-length/ $35short. May 11-30, 2014
Mail check or money order payable to Cine+Mas SF. Online payment through PayPal to- email@example.com. See button on the website. Let us know you've sent the payment.
Online- Vimeo, YouTube, or another closed viewing area. (Password protected)
Mail/Courier- Registered mail or courier (DHL/UPS/FedEx)
695 Connecticut,# 1
San Francisco, CA 94107
T: +1.415.754.9580 / programming @ sflatinofilmfestival.com
CHECKLIST FOR SUBMISSION
-Completed application- online or mailed
-Submitted fees- online or mailed.
-Submitted screener - online or mailed 2 DVDs
You will receive an email confirmation upon receipt of your submission. If selected you will be notified by July 15, 2014