Find Your English Level
Take this test to gauge your English ability. The results will be emailed to you within a day. There are 19 questions.
1. Pick the correct word.
2. Pick the correct word.
3. Choose the word that matches the picture.
4. What color is this?
Pick one color.
5. Marcus . . . to Mexico last year. He . . . to Mexico again this summer.
go, will go
goes, will go
went, will go
6. Ana and Rafael . . . when their mother . . . them.
Complete the sentence.
were cooking, called
are cooking, is calling
cooked, was calling
7. I . . . to the doctor several times before she finally . . . my problem.
had gone, diagnosed
have been, diagnosed
gone, had diagnosed
8. We . . . there for five years by the time I finish school.
will have lived
9. Combine the following sentence into one.
My neighbor is a physician. His specialty is pediatric medicine.
My neighbor, who is a physician, his specialty is pediatric medicine.
My neighbor is a physician which specialty is pediatric medicine.
My neighbor is a physician whose specialty is pediatric medicine.
10. Combine the following sentences into one.
We wanted to buy a car. It turned out to be a lemon.
The car which we wanted to buy turned out to be a lemon.
The car turned out to be a lemon which we wanted to buy.
The car who we wanted to buy turned out to be a lemon.
11. Combine the following sentences into one.
Urban living gives people access to diverse activities. Urban dwellers experience more traffic and pollution.
Urban living gives people access to diverse activities, and urban dwellers experience more traffic and pollution.
Although urban living gives people access to diverse activities, urban dwellers experience more traffic and pollution.
However urban living gives people access to diverse activities, urban dwellers experience more traffic and pollution.
12. What is the main topic of this article?
In 2013, Clarksville witness over 1500 acts of violence in addition to property crimes. The city ended the year with 112 homicides, 20 more deaths than in the previous year, a statistic which has many asking how to quell the violence. Hand in Hand, a restorative justice program working in East Clarksville, believes it has an answer. Established in 2008 by Curtis Williams, a local educator, it aims to shift the community’s response to crime. Rather than penalizing offenders with jail time, it asks victims to confront their offenders, explain the crime’s impact, and find a way to move forward. The initiative was born after Williams was mugged by a neighbor’s teenage son. “It was challenging for me,” Williams said, “because we’d been neighbors for years. I’d seen the boy grow up and I didn’t want to burn any bridges, but I felt hurt and angry.” In an attempt to salvage his relationship with his neighbors, Williams held the first Hand in Hand meeting, inviting family, neighbors, even clergy. Williams explained his reasoning, saying, “I wanted to have the opportunity to face that young man and specify how he impacted my life. Nothing can negate what he did, but it made me feel powerful.”
This article discusses one approach to addressing criminal acts in Clarksville.
This article discusses public attitudes toward crime.
This article argues against certain types of punishment.
13. Using the text above, answer the following question. Where would you most likely find this kind of article?
14. Using the text above, answer the following question. In this context, what is the meaning of "burn any bridges"?
Damage a relationship
Change the rules
15. Using the text above, answer the following question. What is the purpose of restorative justice?
Restorative justice aims to punish the criminal offender.
Restorative justice is a form of vigilante justice.
Restorative justice allows victims of crime to confront the criminal and reach resolution.
An Interview with Elizabeth Gilbert.
16. What is the main topic of discussion in this clip?
They are discussing Elizabeth Gilbert's recent work.
They are discussing social media.
They are discussing Elizabeth Gilbert's Sunday morning routine.
17. According to Elizabeth Gilbert, how do you know that you are doing the work you love?
You are doing the work you love if you look forward to the weekend because you will be undisturbed.
You are doing the work you love if you talk about it every day.
You are doing the work you love if you always have something to do.
18. What is the first thing Elizabeth Gilbert does in the morning?
She drinks coffee.
She has a spiritual moment.
She checks Twitter.
19. How does Elizabeth Gilbert use social media?
She uses it to post questions and connect with followers.
She limits her interactions to family and friends.
She posts recent examples of her work.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service