Rules and Requirements
1. Applicant must enroll in a college, university or post-secondary institution during the fall semester of 2019. Current high school seniors and college students are eligible.
2. Applicant must be a full-time employee with at least one consecutive year of service with a MAREK member firm or a dependent of a full-time employee of a MAREK member firm with at least one consecutive year of service.
(Preference MAY be given to those pursuing a construction related degree and first generation college students.)
1. The applicant is responsible for ensuring all of the following items are received by the MAREK Scholarship Committee by May 28, 2019.
• Completed online application form• Two letters of reference• Official high school and/or college transcripts• Essay from applicant titled: Why I Should Receive the MAREK Scholarship
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. The number and dollar amount of awards will be determined by the scholarship committee. The minimum award will be $1,000 and the maximum could be $2000.
2. The applications will be reviewed by the MAREK Scholarship Committee. The committee will consider each applicant's interest in construction, grades, extracurricular activities, employment experience, and financial need.
3. Some restrictions may be made on the use of the funds.
4. All scholarship recipients will be notified on or before July 26, 2019. Scholarship funds will be disbursed upon receipt of proof of enrollment.
5. If selected you will be required to provide us with your Social Security Number for distribution of funds. We will contact you for that information if you are selected to receive a scholarship.
1. To complete the online application, visit the MAREK website at www.marekbros.com.
Questions? Email Marvie Oracion at email@example.com or call 713-681-2626 x3045.
2. Official transcripts should be mailed to: MAREKAttn: Marvie Oracion2115 Judiway Houston, Texas 77018