*Direct questions to Amy Rutledge, OHSPRA Director of Contests and Awards, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Crystal Award: Established in 1987 to recognize individuals who have dramatically and positively impacted school public relations, the Crystal Award is the highest honor bestowed to an OHSPRA member. All entries are judged by the OHSPRA Board of Directors, excluding any members who are nominated for the award. Regardless of the number of nominations made in any given year, the OHSPRA Board reserves the right to not honor anyone or honor more than one person in any given year, based on judging criteria.
Eligibility Guidelines (please follow Eligibility Guidelines exactly or entry will be disqualified):- Entry must be postmarked by February 2, 2018.
- Only OHSPRA members may submit Crystal Award nominations on behalf of another OHSPRA member or themselves. Self-nominations must include a letter with the signatures of two supervisors, such as the superintendent and board president, and will not be considered without the signatures.
- All nominations must include answers to the following questions:
1. What leadership positions in school public relations has the nominee held?
2. What local, state, and national honors/awards has the nominee earned/received?
3. How has the nominee made a local, state, or national impact on the field of school public relations? (consider workshop attendance and presentations, PR techniques/skills, current and former job positions, ability to recruit students or generate funding, breadth of knowledge, length of PR career, state and national level work, etc. Please provide as much detail and verification as possible.)
4. What local, state, or national offices has the nominee held?
*A nominee does not necessarily need to have done all of the above in order to receive the award. The Board will assume a nominee has no experience with a question/topic if the question is not obviously addressed/answered in the nomination letter.
Judging Criteria:• School PR accomplishments• Leadership positions in school public relations• Local, state or national offices held• State or national honors • Impact on school public relations in the state/area• Contributions to state/national school public relations • Professional responsibilities
Entry Fee and Submission:There is no entry fee for Crystal Award nominations. Please mail us any support materials you would like to include, such as nomination letters and copies of newspaper clippings. Items submitted will not be returned and become the property of OHSPRA. Entry must be postmarked by February 2, 2018 or before to avoid disqualification. Mail a collateral form and any support materials to: OHSPRA, P.O Box 891, Columbus, OH 43085.