· Must be present on production night.
· Must be present at weekly budget meetings.
· Hold weekly meetings among lifestyle staff.
· Hold office hours for a minimum of 12 hours per week Tuesday through Friday.
· Ensure all staff are in appropriate SLACK channels and have CAMAYAK access.
· Update and maintain the weekly budget.
· Be knowledgeable in AP style and social media practice.
· Provide coverage for a variety of beats such as: San Marcos community, campus life, food, health, fashion, technology, music, fine arts, etc.
· Copyedit all lifestyle articles thoroughly and meet deadlines set by EIC.
· Communicate effectively with multimedia staff to ensure every article has a photo or graphic.
· Meet deadlines.
· Check University Star email account several times a day.
· Reply to applications within 24 hours.
· Reply to emails within 24 hours.
· Assist with contest entries as needed.
· Assist with one outreach activity per semester.
· Required to attend bi-weekly all-staff meetings.
· Ensure all content meets the highest standards of journalistic ethics.