Join us as we embark on a 9-day adventure in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area and Point Reyes National Seashore. This is a chance to earn $200 while spending over a week in our National Parks working on projects that involve scientific research, ecological monitoring, and conservation biology.
During the daytime we will be conducting scientific research and monitoring our natural resources. Afternoons and evenings will be spent with other youth participants exploring Point Reyes, building community, and developing leadership skills.
Participants will spend the first two days in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, followed by 7 days and 6 nights in Point Reyes National Seashore. In Point Reyes, we will be staying at the Historic Lifeboat Station, where we will be cooking our own meals.
Participating Youth Will:
* Receive training & experience in conducting environmental science research in fields such as wildlife ecology, hydrology and marine biology
* Earn a $200 stipend for their service
* Work with professional scientists to conduct research in National Park lands
* Learn about different environmental careers
* Learn about, develop, and share different perspectives on the environment
* Build community with other Bay Area youth
* Experience living independently in a field station setting, where participants will be responsible for preparing their own meals, maintaining a clean and safe environment, and facilitating their own afternoon and evening activities
All expenses, including food during the overnight portion of the trip, lodging and transportation are included! We strongly encourage those with limited experience in science to apply. We also strongly encourage young people of color and young women to apply.
For questions please contact Francis Taroc at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-561-7762.
Please submit this application no later than Monday, June 3rd, 2019.
We encourage you to apply early as participant selection will begin in late May.
Participants are expected to attend the entire program:
June 18th: 10am to 4pm (at Crissy FIeld Center)June 19th: 10am to 4pm (at Crissy FIeld Center)June 20th to June 26th: This will be the overnight portion of the program in Point Reyes. We will meet at 10am at the Crissy Field Center on June 20th and will not return to San Francisco until the afternoon of June 26th.