PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING! YOU MUST FILL OUT THE WHOLE APPLICATION OR YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR A PRESS BADGE!
Press passes are only open from now until MARCH 1, 2018! Any applications after that date will not be accepted unless other wise discussed with myself or Stefanie Shall. If you are inquiring about obtaining a press pass, please be aware that we only have a VERY limited amount to give away, and that certain credentials must be met to be able to obtain one. In order to be considered for a press pass you MUST meet the following requirements below:
* When filling out the app in the free form spot, please give an introduction and intended use of your coverage at Shuto Con. Or send it in an email. If sending in an email instead of in this form, write in that spot stating so.
* We would also like to see AT LEAST TWO SAMPLES of your previous work. You can also link those in the History spot or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
* If you are a VLOGER: Your video subscription channel must have at LEAST 1000 likes/subscribers. You must also Vlog about topics relevant to Anime/Gaming/Comics/Pop Culture.
* If you are a REPORTER (TV or Paper): You must be a member of a Michigan based news/publishing company, or a member of a Michigan based college campus
* Photographers that are not part of a press association(if you are part of one, you must be there representing the press not as yourself) will not get a Press Pass unless prior arrangements were made with myself or other staff.
If you are applying for a Group Press Pass(usually a video person, interviewer, photographer, etc), you are limited to no more then 4 people unless otherwise agreed with myself or Stefanie Shall.
Please understand that these passes do not give the bearer the right to move crowds or block off areas. We ask all press to conduct themselves professionally and try not to disrupt the flow of the convention. Badges can NOT be shared and are only issued to each person requesting and approved.
Any form of abuse of the Press Pass to the convention can result a confiscation of said badge and/or removal from the convention scene. By applying for this pass you agree to uphold the utmost professionalism while you are in attendance.After the convention we would like to see any work published through your media outlets.
Press passes will be assigned during the last 2 months(Jan-Feb) before the convention. Must apply BEFORE MARCH 1ST!Also, please keep in mind that if you have done press at Shuto Con in previous years, that does not give you a spot this year. Shuto Con reserves the right to modify our rules & regulations at anytime without prior notice, and may deny you a Press Pass for any reason. Submitting this form does not guarantee you a Press Pass for Shuto Con 2018.
If you have any questions feel free to email me at: email@example.comThank you,
Raeleen HapemanPress Director