THANK YOU for your interest in the Olde Town Arvada Business Improvement District!
The BID Board:
- The BID statute allows for a board of 5 to 11 members who are BID electors. The current Olde Town BID Board consists of 9 members to allow for a diversity of property types, uses and geography.
- Consists of nine members including a President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer.
- Meets monthly, every 4th Tuesday, from 11am to approximately 1pm to review operations, finances, and strategies for success.
- Directors need to be willing to dedicate two (2) additional hours per month to BID business and/or events.
- The terms of office shall be staggered to encourage continuity in BID governance. The length of the term is three (3) years and the consecutive term limit shall be two (2) terms. After a member has fulfilled two (2) consecutive terms, that person may not be a member of the Olde Town BID governing body for three (3) years before being reappointed.
- Nomination Process: Those interested in serving on the BID Board should complete an application demonstrating satisfaction of eligibility including previous leadership and volunteer activities in Olde Town. Applicants will be reviewed in contrast with the existing BID Board to ensure equitable distribution between geographic location, business type, and skills when vacancies occur.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a business and/or commercial property owner in the district who has a passion for improving the environment for Olde Town businesses and commercial properties. Potential directors must have integrity, credibility and experience with leadership and business ownership and/or operation. Ideal candidates will have the following characteristics:
- A commitment to and understanding of the mission of the Business Improvement District;
- Adept at cultivating relationships and developing partnerships with diverse individuals, businesses and organizations;
- Demonstrated previous success as a contributing member of a working board;
Service on BID’s board of directors is without remuneration.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions.