Break the Fake Movement in partnership with Internews, created Media Civics Lab Fact - Checking Academy that aims to upskill micro and macro-influencers, content creators, and digital educators with crucial fact-checking and content creation skills and equip them with media literacy knowledge in order to help them create content for social good, making them allies in addressing disinformation and misinformation in the Philippines.
As part of the Academy, you'll get the following benefits:
- Exclusive mentoring by top experts from the media and academy
- Free Access to Exclusive Events by Break the Fake's Partners
- Free Access to exclusive Media Civics Lab Classes on Digital Citizenship, Media Literacy, Fake News and Disinformation, and Positive Participation
- Influencer Kit for offline events, and other perks and incentives
- Opportunity to join exclusive Filmmaking, Live Vlogging, and Spoof Ads Competitions
You will be selected according to these criteria:
- Influencer or content creator is actively posting content on its social media profile/s
- Must be 18 years old and above living in the Philippines
- Must be fluent in speaking local dialect
- Must be actively involved in the local community
- Willing to participate in a year-long program on fact-checking and multimedia content creation
Should you be chosen, we'll get in touch with you. Rest assured that your basic information will be kept confidential.