WATERCOLOR PAINTING CONTESTMECHANICS AND CRITERIA OF THE CONTEST:
1. Date - 26 October 2017, Thursday
2. Time - 9:00 A.M.
3. Venue - DENR Social Hall, (2nd Floor)
4. Participants - One (1) Representative per Region One (1) Representative from OSEC One (1) Representative per Bureau One (1) Representative per Attached Agency
5. Qualification - Permanent or contractual employee of the DENR with talent in watercolor painting.
6. Participants from last year’s DENR-NSM On-the-Spot Poster Making Contest are not allowed to join.
7. The artwork must illustrate, interpret and emphasize the theme of the 28th National Statistics Month (NSM) celebration:
“Facts and Figures For The Future: Statistics for Evidence-Based Decision Towards Ambisyon Natin 2040”
8. SDRMD shall provide each of the contestants with set of watercolor brushes, watercolor palette, watercolor (in tubes) and watercolor paper (Full imperial, 30” x 22”, 300 gsm). The contestants may opt to bring and use other watercolor supplies such as:i. Masking fluidii. Saltiii. Stretching boardiv. Gum tapev. Water jarvi. Mixing wellvii. Sponge
9. The contestant must bring the following materials: i. Extra watercolor brushes (synthetic or sable)ii. Pencilsiii. Erasersiv. Cotton or tissue
10. Artwork must be done “on-the-spot”, free-hand, and must be completed within the allotted time of three (3) hours.
11. Artwork must be original in design. A contestant represents and warrants that the work is his/ her own and that he/ she has absolute ownership of the copyright and all intellectual property rights thereto. An entry must not have been published or printed in any media, or produced in any medium. It must not have been awarded any award or prize in previous contests of any kind, otherwise, it shall automatically be disqualified. All entries will become the property of the contest organizer. Individual copyright however, remains with the contestant.
12. Contestants found with drawing guides or samples will be disqualified from the contest.
13. Only one entry for each participant is allowed.
14. Nudity, obscene and offensive entries will be rejected outright.
15. The entry to be submitted must contain the following:i. Title of Artworkii. Caption or Brief Text Description of the Artworkiii. Certificate attesting to the ownership and authorship of the artworkiv. Personal Information of the Contestant
16. All participants will be given an assigned number to be placed in the artwork. No other identifying marks will be allowed to appear in the artwork.
17. Contestants are required to accomplish an online preregistration form that may be accessed at http://www.denr.gov.ph under Internal Concerns. Only those who have accomplished the preregistration form will be allowed to join. Deadline of preregistration is on October 24, 2017 (Tuesday).
18. The entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
Relevance to the theme 30% Creativity/ Originality 35% Visual Impact (Technique, Execution, Impact, Design) 35% Total 100%
19. All participants will receive a Certificate of Participation. The winners shall receive the following cash prizes:
1st Place - Php 10,000.00 2nd Place - Php 7,000.00 3rd Place - Php 5,000.00
20. The decision of Board of Judges is final.
21. For more information, contact Arvin R. Reginio (email@example.com, 09153384415) or Jose Henry Talabis (02) 925-8278