Research Roundtable RSVP
Driving Out Diabetes
Driving Out Diabetes
Roundtable Goal: Identify interdisciplinary researchers across the University of Utah campus interested in learning more about Driving Out Diabetes, a Larry H. Miller Family Wellness Initiative. Specifically, the Driving Out Diabetes team will discuss current programs including possible research opportunities is looking for more community-engaged research opportunities related to diabetes prevention and care.
Relevant Campus fields: Communication, Economics, Education, Family & Consumer Studies, Geography, Marketing, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Colleges of Health, Social and Behavioral Science, Nursing, School of Medicine.
Angela Fagerlin, PhD
Professor and Chair, Department of Population Health Sciences; Director, Driving Out Diabetes
Michelle Litchman, PhD, FNP-BC, FANNP, Assistant Professor of Nursing, Program Director, Driving Out Diabetes One Day Education and Care Program
Robin Marcus, PhD
Chief Wellness Officer, Professor of Physical Therapy, Driving Out Diabetes Leadership Team
Julie Metos, PhD
Associate Chair and Professor (Lecturer) of Nutrition and Integrative Physiology, Driving Out Diabetes Leadership Team
Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 12:00 - 2:00 pm
The Sorenson Arts & Education Complex is NW of the Huntsman Center. A map with parking Options will be sent prior to the 19th.
Driving Out Diabetes Priorities:
- Educate Utahns of all ages about diabetes and the benefits of healthy lifestyle choices, taking this message to where people learn, work, pray, and play.
- Identify people who have higher chances of developing diabetes and target this population for primary diabetes prevention strategies.
- Deliver new models of diabetes clinical care to those who already have diabetes to help people better manage their diabetes and prevent health complications.
- Invest in innovative research to discover scientific breakthroughs that will lead to improved treatments—and eventually cures—for people with diabetes in Utah and beyond.
This first meeting will help researchers identify potential collaborators. We anticipate a series of follow-up meetings, proposals for seed funding, and identification of extramural funding opportunities.
Yes, I will participate.
1. First Name
2. Last Name
3. Email Address
6. Brief statement of your research interest.
I cannot attend but I would like to submit a topic for a future Research Roundtable.
About Research Roundtables:
Research Roundtables are supported by the Research Development Office and hosted by NEXUS to foster new collaboration and research teams across campus. Topics are centered around research that is of interest to a broad range of disciplines. These events are meant to:
1. Catalyze faculty exploration of interdisciplinary research topics,
2. Discuss strategies to advance research ideas, and
3. Explore potential federal and non-federal funders for interdisciplinary research
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service