Food Connection Asheville: Food Donor Application
Thank you for your interest!
We believe that no fresh food should end up in the trash while people go hungry. Food Connection relives hunger while reducing waste by connecting surplus, freshly prepared meals with those experiencing food insecurity. Since 2014, Food Connection has rescued over 100,000 meals and connected those meals to families, kids, veterans and seniors in need.
Our goal is to make it easy to donate excess food, which keeps your good food from going to waste! Upon submission of this application, we will review your information and contact you to discuss your participation prior to your first donation. Your submission of this application confirms that you will operate within the boundaries of the system outlined below and only donate food that you would feel comfortable serving at your establishment.
Participating food donors:
● Ensure that their employees are familiar with the process
● Provide disposable containers for the food
● Display a few magnets (provided by Food Connection) with Asheville Taxi’s number as well as texting instructions in a place where it is easy for staff to access the information
● Have a staff member willing to package the food, text from his or her phone or the restaurant’s phone, wait for a response, and connect with the taxi when it arrives
Basic guidelines for food donations when you have excess food are:
1. Text Asheville Taxi (828) 333-1976 using the following outline
! FOOD CONNECTION !
Pickup location (your restaurant/event venue/institution)
Pickup time (must be no later than 11:30 pm)
Approximate Amount of Food (MUST BE AT LEAST 18 PORTIONS)
2. Wait to hear back from Asheville Taxi. You should get a text within minutes confirming that your text has been received, and then you should hear back from them NO MORE than thirty minutes later confirming pick up time and location. While it is difficult to plan for traffic etc, our goal is to honor that time within a fifteen-minute window.
3. Pack the food in disposable containers, and have it ready to load into the taxi when your cab driver arrives. You should handle donated foods in the same manner as food served to customers. Keep the food at proper temperatures and follow North Carolina Food Safety Guidelines. Label the food with donor name, description of the item, as well as the date and time it was saved. Then, Asheville Taxi will deliver the food to a pre-established recipient partner in our network.
Don't worry! Once you are confirmed as a participating donor, we will send all of the above information to you so you have it handy going forward.
Have questions? Please contact us at
Page 1 of 2
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service