CoDesign Abroad Incorporated
PARTICIPANT CONSENT, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES, LIABILITY
WAIVER AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
TO: CoDesign Abroad Incorporated.
EVENT: CoDesign Abroad Incorporated. has organized and will run the below CoDesign Abroad Trip on the dates listed below (the “Event”). The Event is a unique design program abroad. For two weeks, participants will have the opportunity to participate in an immersive, collaborative design project with The Barefoot College. This event involves travel and may involve certain risks identified in this document.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY - BY AGREEING TO THIS LEGAL DOCUMENT YOU:
• Indicate that you have understood the risks associated with this trip;
• Agree to assume financial responsibility for any injury or damage resulting from your participation in this trip;
• Indicate that you have understood and agree to all terms and conditions included in this form; and
• Waive certain legal rights including the right to sue.
Name of participant (first and last)
Address of participant:
Name and Date of Trip, (hereinafter referred to as "this trip" throughout this document.)
Zanzibar Professional October 13 to 26 2019
Guatemala Professional February 15 to 29, 2020
Rajasthan Professional October 11 to 24, 2020
1. I understand that participation in this trip is voluntary.
2. I acknowledge that I have read and understood the written information provided by CoDesign Abroad Incorporated. setting out the particulars of this trip.
3. I understand and agree that while participants are responsible for their own travel to Zanzibar, for the purposes of this waiver this trip starts when I begin outbound travel to Abeid Amani Karume International Airport in Zanzibar on or about October 14 2018. If I am arriving before October 14 2018 then this trip starts upon starting such earlier outbound travel to Zanzibar. This trip ends when I disembark from my flight from Abeid Amani Karume International Airport on or about October 27 2018. If I remain in Zanzibar after October 27th 2018, then this trip ends upon departure from Matemwe on May 27th 2017.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
This trip is an exceptional educational/working opportunity, but it is not without certain risks, dangers, hazards and liabilities to all participants. I understand that I may suffer physical injury, sickness or death, or damage to or loss of my property as a result of my participation in this trip; and that there is a possibility of violence and crime, war, terrorism, civil unrest, homesickness, and loneliness, poor road and transportation problems, extreme weather conditions, unsafe and unsanitary areas, failure to perform on the part of the travel agents or airline companies and problems relating to customs, immigration or visa requirements. I understand that the laws of this location may be significantly different than those in Canada, that public officials may be corrupt and that medical facilities may be of lower standards
I understand that CoDesign Abroad Incorporated., its heirs, executors and assigns, affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, independent contractors and advertising, media and promotion agencies/partners and such preceding parties’ respective directors, officers, employees, volunteers, donors, partners, agents and representatives (collectively the “Releasees”) are not responsible for my safety in respect of participating in the trip. I know and understand the risks associated with the trip and I assume all those risks, damages and injury to persons or property related to the trip and release and hold harmless and indemnify CoDesign Abroad Incorporated. for any such injury. For the avoidance of doubt but without limiting the forgoing, Releasees includes Design and Development Initiative.
ASSUMPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• I agree to be accountable in all respects for my own actions and act in a responsible manner at all times
• I understand that my voluntary participation requires a minimum level of personal health and well-being (physical, mental and emotional) and I hereby warrant that I am fully able to participate in the Program.
• I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to obtain and learn as much information as possible about the risks and hazards of the trip and to weigh those risks against the benefits of the trip before consenting to my participation in the trip.
• I understand that I must ensure that I have adequate medical, health, accidental and life insurance coverage as well as protection of my personal belongings. More particularly, I understand that CoDesign Abroad Incorporated does not carry any insurance for my benefit.
• I understand that air travel arrangements, the acquisition of a valid passport, all necessary visas and vaccine/inoculations are my responsibilities.
• I understand I must abide by The Barefoot College’s policies when staying and working on their campus.
• I understand I must abide by the laws of this location (Tanzania) at all times
• I acknowledge that I have been advised to read the most current Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade - Travel Report to the extent that it refers to the country before I travel there
Liability Waiver: I hereby release, exonerate and discharge and agree to hold harmless CoDesign Abroad Incorporated., its directors, shareholders and officers, from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I may suffer, or that my next of kin, heirs or personal representatives may suffer, as a result of my participation in this trip due to any cause whatsoever including, but not limited to, negligence, breach of contract or breach of any statutory or other duty of care, including any act, omission or negligence of CoDesign Abroad Incorporated.; delay, expense resulting from events beyond the control of CoDesign Abroad Incorporated., acts of God, war, terrorism, local or general civil unrest or emergency or health risk, sickness, transportation, scheduling, arrangements or accommodations, the failure or restriction of any private or public service or business, and government restrictions or regulations and any and all expenses which I may incur while participating in this trip. I understand and acknowledge that CoDesign Abroad Incorporated. reserves the right to cancel the trip, either prior to or while underway, should conditions in the absolute discretion of CoDesign Abroad Incorporated. so warrant. I further understand that CoDesign Abroad Incorporated. will not be responsible for reimbursing any costs I incur as a result of the cancellation of the trip, or any portion of it.
Indemnity Agreement: I agree to hold harmless and indemnify the Releasees from any and all liability for any damage to the property of, or personal injury to, any third party, resulting from my participation in this trip. I acknowledge and agree that I have received sufficient preparation and information regarding the trip and hereby accept full responsibility for complying with all of the terms set forth therein. This agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives in the event of my death or incapacity. In entering into this agreement, I am not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements made by the Releasees other than what is set forth in this agreement. I acknowledge and agree that this agreement shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein. Any claims, legal proceedings or litigation arising in connection with this agreement will be brought solely in Toronto, Ontario.
General Conditions: I confirm that I wanted this document to be prepared in the English language only. Je confirme avoir voulu que le présent document soit rédigé en anglais seulement. This document shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, unless otherwise required by law.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY AND I ACKNOWLEDGE MY RESPONSIBLITIES AND THE EFFECT OF THIS LIABILITY WAIVER ON MY LEGAL RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
yes, I agree
No, I disagree
Please type your first and last name below. This constitutes your legal signature for this waiver:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service