PEEPING TOM workshop led by Hun-Mok Jung
2022 /// OCTOBER /// 28th • 29th • 30th @ OPIFICIO - Roma
- FRIDAY - Oct 28th: 12 am - 4 pm
- SATURDAY - Oct 29th: 2 - 6 pm
- SUNDAY - Oct 30th: 2 - 6 pm
→ COSTS: 250,00 (fee included)
√ WORKSHOP INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Workshop is open to advanced students and professional dancers ages 18+.
2) Once we received your application, we'll send you a confirmation email! Only after it it will be possible to pay within 5 days by bank transfer.
3) All payments made without registration and/or authorisation via email are to be considered lost and not refundable.
4) It's not possible to refund the workshop once you've payed of it in no case.
5) Workshop needs to be followed entirely, for its process and structure.
6) We start on time! So please try be come a little bit before the beginning of the classes. If you'll be on late please ask to the reception before if it's still possible to join the class.
7) Insurance is included in the fee for all 2022.
8) The workshop will be documented through photos, videos and publications on social networks. By participating in the event you grant us the full right to use the images for marketing purposes, printed and non-printed advertising, and similar.
9) Opificio reserves the right to decline participation requests at its own discretion. Final decisions will not be appealable.
11) By registering you are accepting our behavioural guidelines.
PEEPING TOM >>> Web site /// Youtube /// Instagram
About the workshop
Hunmok Jung will take you into different types of movement, such as Gi-gong & Systema & his own technique which he has been developing and teaching for over 20 years. In addition, he will offer improvisation exercises from the Peeping Tom vocabulary which include theatrical materials, focusing on distraction, action and reaction, uncontrolled rhythm and building characters.
About Peeping Tom
Peeping Tom is a Belgian dance theatre company, founded by Gabriela Carrizo (I/AR) and Franck Chartier (F).
Everything at Peeping Tom starts from a hyperrealist setting. The space feels familiar, such as a retirement home in Vader, two trailer homes in 32 rue Vandenbranden or a living room in Le Salon. The creators then break open this realism and begin to defy the logic of time, space and mood. You become the witness - or rather, the voyeur? - of what usually remains hidden and unsaid, you are taken into subconscious worlds and discover nightmares, fears and desires. Presented using a rich imagery, a fascinating battle arises, against one’s environment and against oneself.
Since its foundation in 2000 in Brussels, Peeping Tom has presented its creations around the world. The company has received several important awards, including and Olivier Award in the United Kingdom for 32 rue Vandenbranden, a Patrons Circle Award at the International Arts Festival in Melbourne, several selections for the Belgian and Dutch Theatre Festivals, and the FEDORA Prize for Ballet for La Visita.
About Hunmok Jung
Hun-Mok (°1978, Soon-Cheon, KR) joined Peeping Tom in 2008. Kind is his fifth production with the company, following 32 rue Vandenbranden, A Louer, Vader and Moeder. He graduated from the Dance Department of Dankook University, and in 2001 he earned a Performance Producer degree from the Seoul School of Perfoming Arts. A year later, his solo piece A Whistle was awarded first prize in the young choreographers category at MODAFE, and he himself has twice won the Best Dancer award at the Ulsan Dance Festival. He completed a Master’s degree at Dankook University in 2004, and founded the dance and theatre group JU MOK that same year. In 2007, his duet/performance piece Ring Wanderung won the Best Choreography and Writing award from Dance & People Magazine, and the Arts Council Korea mentioned Hun- Mok as a rising choreographer. In 2009, the JU MOK production An Unconvenient Truth was included in the MODAFE programme. His other works include Fragile
Swallow, Wanted, Monster and Jean Mark. He worked as assistant choreographer on the film GOGO 70 and, since 2004, he has taught at Dankook University, Suncheon University and Chungnam Arts High School.
OPIFICIO – via Arrigo Davila, 47/b >>> Metro A – Colli Albani
Ph & Wapp: +39 06 783 447 05 /// email@example.com