The College of Engineering Tutorial Center is open Sunday - Thursday from 6pm to 9pm. Tutors work between 3 - 9 hours each week and are paid an hourly wage of $8.50. Paid training is required at the beginning of each semester. You will find the desired qualifications below. A full job description can be found on the Engineering Tutorial Center Webpage at: http://www.engineering.uiowa.edu/current-students/academic-support/engineering-tutorial-center.
QUALIFICATIONS: Interested applicants must:
• Be enrolled as a student in the College of Engineering.
• Obtain a B or higher, preferably an A, in the desired courses for tutoring.
• Maintain Academic Good Standing with a UI cumulative and semester GPA of 2.75 or higher.
• Demonstrate knowledge and competence in the subject matter tutored.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be able to work well as a member of a team as well as take initiative as an individual.
• Have a positive and respectful attitude in working with a diverse population.
• Be willing to speak positively about the College of Engineering and The University of Iowa.
• Maintain strict confidentiality regarding student records and conversations as appropriate.
The University of Iowa prohibits discrimination in employment, educational programs, and activities on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preference. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. For additional information on nondiscrimination policies, contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity (319-335-0705): http://www.uiowa.edu/~our/opmanual/ii/06.htm.
Please contact the College of Engineering Student Development Center at 319-335-5763 if you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to make application for employment.