HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT B
46) Relationship/loyalty marketing does not include
A) seeking to create new value for customers.
B) highlighting the weaknesses of competitors.
C) requiring that a company define its organization to support the value that individual customers want.
D) recognizing the value of customers over their purchasing lifetimes.
20) Hotel sales directors find out information about conferences and hotel occupancy through all of the following except
C) Reader Boards.
44) Two audiences that hospitality Web sites should be designed for are
A) search engines and corporate travel agents.
B) the potential client and corporate travel agents.
C) the potential client and search engine.
D) the potential client and the online distribution system.
26) The growing number of baby boomers retiring has resulted in ____ for the leisure tourist industry.
A) less opportunities
B) no change
27) A multinational hotel is one that
A) has an international guest.
B) addresses the needs of multicultural groups.
C) has property in more than one country.
D) employs citizens from foreign countries.
30) _____ when interest rates continue to increase in the hospitality industry.
A) Unemployment decreases
B) Purchasing power increases
C) Production increases
D) Spending decreases
22) Large conference hotels tend to
A) commit a greater percentage of their rooms to groups.
B) book room blocks only within one week of the conference.
C) commit their room inventory to walk-in business.
D) commit a small percentage of their rooms to groups.
17) Corporate hotel clients pay the
A) negotiated rate.
B) rack rate.
C) last available room rate.
D) lowest possible rate.
3) Table-service dining refers to
A) restaurants that employ servers.
B) only four-star restaurants.
C) high-cost restaurants.
D) fast-food places.
11) To be successful in marketing you need to focus mainly on:
A) marketing strategy
B) the customer who is profitable
D) low end marketing ideas
34) What amount is a hotel gift shop losing in a year if two employees give their friends the 25 percent employee discount on goods that sell for a total of $1,500?
35) The hotel coffee shop uses food and beverage requisition procedures to
A) control supply usage.
B) deplete stored goods.
C) obtain competitive bids.
D) plan new menu offerings.
49) Employee uniforms
A) may be customized to individual taste.
B) help control employees' behaviors.
C) are legally required for security.
D) create a sense of order and attentiveness.
15) Geographic segmentation:
A) divides markets by physical locations
B) has no influence on international travel marketing
C) restricts some types of travel
D) is based on consumer emotions
18) The highest rate that can be charged for a hotel room is the
A) negotiated rate.
B) rack rate.
C) last available room rate.
D) lowest possible rate.
19) Which financial statement for a hotel shows income and expenses?
A) equity statement
B) cash flow statement
C) income statement
D) balance sheet
6) Which is an example of coordinating promotional activities?
A) the manufacturer and retailer sharing advertising costs
B) charging customers invited to a special sale
C) hospitality products featured in a display advertise on television
D) a bed and breakfast placing the same advertisement in magazines and newspapers
31) ____ protects businesses from losses or damage claims by customers or guests.
A) Liability insurance
B) Medical insurance
C) Property insurance
2) During the ____ stage in the product life cycle, advertising is used to persuade customers to try the hospitality product.
43) Which of the following is not an advantage of franchising with regard to distribution systems?
A) franchising dilutes the brand status
B) franchising increases revenue for the company and the brand
C) franchising increases the geographic presence of the brand
D) franchising provides a consistent product/experience for the hotel guest
47) Giving the hotel guest an option to add breakfast for two to his/her rate for an additional $20 is an example of a(n)
D) value promotion.
48) Customer hotel evaluations
A) are not related to the customer-service GAP.
B) are just an unnecessary distraction for hotel management.
C) are not included in the performance evaluation for a hotel.
D) should be taken seriously by hotel management.
29) _____ is the money spent to run a hotel.
A) Operating expense
B) Gross profit
C) Net profit
D) Cost of goods
45) ___ takes responsibility for distribution channel management at the hotel chain-wide level.
A) Each individual property
B) Each individual property's marketing manager
C) The corporate marketing office
D) The general manager of the chain
14) In the hospitality industry, marketing is
A) purchasing food and restaurant supplies.
B) doing what it takes to determine and satisfy the needs of the customer and the company.
C) advertising and promoting special room rates to increase business.
D) suggesting fries to go with a burger.
12) The management philosophy which guides an organization’s overall activities is
A) the marketing concept.
B) marketing management.
C) the marketing culture.
D) the marketing strategy.
23) Complimentary hotel rooms for conferences are based upon the
A) size of the group’s room block.
B) economic conditions.
C) number of days the conference is held.
D) mix of room types.
38) When a fax arrives that requires a guest's immediate attention, a hotel employee should
A) place the fax in a folder for the guest to pick up later.
B) ask the bell staff to place the fax in the mail pick-up rack.
C) have the fax delivered to the guest right away.
D) call the guest's room and advise him/her about the fax.
4) ___ are the major activities of the marketing process.
A) Identification, production, distribution, and consumption
B) Research, production, promotion, and consumption
C) Manufacturing, promotion, distribution, and pricing
D) Planning, pricing, promotion, and distribution
5) The combination of related services into a single-priced product is
C) marketing mix.
25) A conference center is a
A) large meeting venue surrounded by lodging, restaurants, and other attractions.
B) lodging and meeting venue dependent upon climate.
C) government-financed meeting and entertainment site.
D) deluxe hotel or motor inn with meeting space.
21) Comparing the number of actual accounts sold in relation to the number of sales calls that are made is called
A) rate of return.
B) conversion rate.
C) sales achievement.
D) yield management.
41) The component of the hospitality product that management has almost direct control over is:
A) the service environment.
B) the service product.
C) the service delivery.
D) the physical product.
32) Payment processing and accounting systems include
A) casino player tracking.
B) credit card authorization.
C) supply purchasing.
D) online reservations.
36) An important source of primary data is a(n)
A) industry trade association.
B) specialized research company.
C) business research project.
D) online business database.
7) The marketing mix is the blending of
A) product, price, distribution, and promotion.
B) location, distribution, price, and product.
C) market, product, promotion, and price.
D) price, product, customer, and location.
42) Perception is ____ to the customer.
50) The gold standard of the hospitality industry is
A) social awareness.
B) high REVPAR.
C) high occupancy rate.
D) repeat business.
37) _____ is an example of a primary marketing research technique.
A) Census data
B) Trade-journal articles
C) Customer survey
D) External reports
16) The elements of the promotional mix for hospitality are
A) purchasing, personal selling, advertising, and promotion.
B) product planning, advertising, pricing, and promotion.
C) personal selling, sales promotion, public relations, and advertising.
D) promotion, pricing, personal selling, and advertising.
10) A major hotel brand gives a sizeable amount of money to the “Wounded Warriors’ Project.” This is an example of
D) public relations.
What is your name?
1) A menu that remains the same from day to day with items listed and priced separately is referred to as:
A) short order
B) du jour
C) a la carte
24) All of the following are basic functions of hospitality management except
28) _____ covers loss or damages to buildings, equipment, machinery, furniture, and fixtures.
B) Property insurance
C) Liability insurance
D) Medical insurance
39) Many large lodging facilities are using electronic locking systems in their guest rooms which eliminates the need to track
A) credit cards.
B) security codes.
C) traditional keys.
D) safe deposit box keys.
9) Image is one of two important criteria for effective positioning. The other is
A) a promised benefit.
B) having a product that is salient.
C) tangibility of the product.
D) an objective positioning statement.
13) The purpose of marketing is to
A) gain publicity.
B) sell merchandise.
C) capture largest market share.
D) create and keep customers.
33) ____ uses the history of bookings and current booking activity to forecast demand as accurately as possible.
A) Global distribution
B) Property management
C) Reservation tracking
D) Revenue management
8) __ is not a common way to organize marketing functions.
40) The employee responsible for informing the front desk about the condition and availability of guest rooms is
A) the executive housekeeper.
B) the chief engineer.
C) the front desk manager.
D) the human resource directors.
Send me a copy of my responses.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service