Learn Not to Burn Knowledge Test
1. A smoke alarm makes this sound_____.
b. Beep! Beep!
c. Beep! Beep! Beep!
2. You need a smoke alarm where you ___.
c. All of the above
3. If the smoke alarm sounds, where would you go?
4. Every room in my house needs ___ways out.
5. Every home fire escape plan needs ____.
a. A toy
b. An outside meeting place
c. A firefighter
6. My family and I should practice our home fire drill___.
a. At least twice a year
b. Once a month
c. One time
7. Why is it important to know the escape plan of each home in which I sleep?
a. I can help my friends get their toys out
b. Every home has a different ways out
c. I know where the best hiding places are
8. Which button should you press to call 9-1-1 if you do not know the code?
9. If your m other fell off a ladder and could not move, what would you do?
a. Try to help her get up
b. Call 9-1-1
c. Get her a toy
10. The fire department needs to know ___ if you call 9-1-1.
a. Name of my pet
b. Address where I am
c. My favorite food
11. Which one of these items is hot or could get hot?
a. Ice cream cone
b. Stuffed animal
12. What can you do to be safe around hot things?
a. Touch them
b. Stay 3 big steps away
c. Go near them
13. Why is it important to tell a grown-up if I find matches or lighters?
a. It is the grown-ups' job to protect kids from dangerous things
b. Grown-ups like to collect matches and lighters
c. So grown-ups can show the child how to use them
14. Things that get hot can cause___.
15. Why is it important to stay 3 feet away from hot things?
a. So I don't have to help with chores
b. So I have a better view
c. So I protect my skin from burns
16. Which chore is safe to do at home for kids your age?
a. Stir food in the pot on the stove
b. Clear the table after a meal
c. Take soup out of the microwave
17. When would you use stop, drop, and roll?
a. Clothes are on fire
b. Smoke alarm is sounding
c. Dog wants to play
18. Fire needs what 3 things to start and keep burning?
a. Water, fuel, oxygen
b. Fuel, heat, oxygen
c. Smoke, fuel, heat
19. When you stop, drop, and roll you are taking away the ___from fire.
This form was created inside of Old Rochester Regional School District.
Terms of Service