Advocacy 101 Retreat * Montpelier * Feb 10-12, 2020
MHAV’s Advocacy 101 training program is 3 days of workshops on advocacy at the state policy level and hands-on advocacy experience at the legislature to promote consumer civic engagement. The retreat focuses on skills and tools that build confidence, encourage participation and speaking in public. The program format is 2 days in class and a morning at the General Assembly in Richmond, meeting legislators and advocating together for mental health awareness. Local commuters are also welcome to attend!
Total cost for those who do not qualify for a scholarship or choose to self-pay is $400 which includes tuition, materials, meals, & lodging.
Please note that your application will be considered incomplete if all required documentation is not received by the application deadlines.
1. Complete self-assessment and background questions
2. Proof of Virginia residency and demonstration of financial need (for scholarship applicants)
3. Two references who can attest to the applicant's individual recovery and qualities in a group dynamic
Completed Application Deadline: 30 Days Prior to Program Start Date
- Include reference contact information and complete answers to questions
Supporting Documents Deadline: 21 Days Prior to Program Start Date
- Proof of Virginia Residency
- Completed Reference Questionnaires (Applicant is responsible for ensuring questionnaires are returned promptly to MHAV)
Cancellation Deadline: 14 Days Prior to Program Start Date
- Contact MHAV to confirm or cancel attendance
How did you hear about us?
Word of Mouth
Community Service Board
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Mental Health America of Virginia (MHAV).