A couple notes about BAM Jam (read these BEFORE you register). There are some rule changes and clarifications this year:
1. BAM Jam is a syllabus-only competition with judges' feedback between styles. This means that steps will be restricted to your respective level (bronze, silver, gold, etc.), and that everyone can use this comp as an opportunity to grow as a dancer, because the focus is YOU! Famous DanceSport Coach and Judge Dan Calloway says that one competition is worth ten practice sessions.
2. For newcomers especially, BAM Jam is a great place to strut your stuff and show off what you've been learning! There is not one, but TWO newcomer divisions! Register for "Newcomer I" if you AND your partner started dancing January 2018 or later (this semester). Register for "Newcomer II" if you AND your partner started dancing September 2017 (last semester) or later.
3. You are allowed to double register two consecutive levels in any style! For example, newcomers from this semester can compete both Newcomer I and II. You should double register because that means more chances to dance and get feedback!
4. You can only register bronze if you AND your partner started dancing no earlier than January 2016. If you don't meet this time cutoff, you must move up to silver! No exceptions.
5. BAM Jam features numerous fun events! No matter what, come out for some delicious dancing fun!
6. Newcomers: have you met all of our vets yet? Grab a partner for the rookie/vet waltz and cha-cha, two judged events! Rookies include anyone registered for a Newcomer I or II event.
7. If you register with a partner, we expect that you will compete with that partner, unless any medical or other extenuating circumstances occur. We will not take any partnership changes after the registration deadline. TBA partnerships are the exception.
8. No dancing "down" will be allowed. Couples must dance at the level of the more experience partner. For example, if a newcomer partners with a bronze dancer, they are not allowed to dance newcomer and must register in bronze.
9. Costumes are now allowed in silver! BAM Jam defines costumes for follows as any dancewear with feathers, floats, or light-reflecting materials (e.g. rhinestones). Leader's costumes include dancewear with light-reflecting materials, non-black or white colors, tailsuits, and Latin/Rhythm shirts open below the sternum. If you dance bronze or below, you may not wear a costume.
As your team captains, we would be honored if you would compete with us this year! BAM Jam has always been a blast, and we expect that everyone who goes will have a great time!
Register now! Registration is due to us by Saturday, April 7 at 11:59 PM.