2020 Bird Banding Field Trip Registration
Thank you for your interest in bringing your classroom to the bird banding station! Please use this form to schedule your field trip and give your students an opportunity to help collect scientific data about western Nebraska birds. To complete your registration and schedule your field trip, please fill out this form completely. Once I've received your registration I will send you a follow up confirmation packet via email to confirm your field trip.
Please contact me with any questions or concerns at
or by phone at 308-633-1013.
Banding Station Field Trip Expectations and Guidelines
• Banding station field trips will last 2.5 hours and include a bird banding demonstration, bird hike, and a grade-appropriate hands-on activity focused on bird ecology and migration. You will receive a detailed field trip schedule in your confirmation packet once your registration is complete.
• During field trips, teachers are solely responsible for the behavior of their students, while Bird Conservancy staff are responsible for the program and activities. We ask that you provide at least 1 teacher or adult for every 15 students.
• Birds are most active (and most likely to go into our nets) in the morning, therefore we will only schedule morning field trips.
• Station visits are scheduled on a first come, first serve basis, so get your registration in soon!
• Bird safety is very important at the banding stations, therefore we will close nets due to factors such as heat, rain, and wind. If this were to occur during your field trip we will still provide an educational, fun experience with back-up activities.
• While we will do our best to accommodate your group, the nature of bird banding stations makes it difficult for large groups. Because of this, the size of your group should be no more than 75. If you have a larger group, consider splitting them into two separate field trip days.
• Comfortable students are happy ones! Think about the weather and outdoor conditions. It is recommended that students dress in layers and have sneakers/closed-toed shoes. Other recommendations include hats, water bottles, sunscreen, and bug spray.
I read and understood the field trip expectations and guidelines
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory.