Ciclovía Salinas 2019 Booth & Activity Application:
Youth from the community are proud to announce the seventh Annual Ciclovía Salinas! This event will take place on Sunday, October 6th, 2019 from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm. The earlier time frame allows for a speedy transition back to Alisal Street’s usual Sunday vibrancy. Last year’s event was a great success with over 6,000 participants and this year we hope to double our attendance! Ciclovía Salinas temporarily opens Alisal Street, extending from Main Street to Sanborn Road, for recreational activity - this temporary transformation will allow residents to utilize the streets and participate in a wide range of physical activities, such as running, walking, biking, zumba, as well as provide free access to a family day filled with hands-on activities and resources for children and adults.
We believe that Salinas is entitled to a safe and inclusive environment that promotes health and unity and Ciclovía’ Salinas’ purpose is to promote this through 5 key goals, which are to:
1. Change the Narrative/Image of Salinas: Salinas tends to carry a negative connotation or stereotype - we aim to shift that narrative to a positive one that showcases the people, families, culture and more than just the violence we typically hear about.
2. Unite Salinas: Our town is known to be divided between the East and South, as well as by economic status, race, and culture. Through Ciclovía Salinas we want to see our community come together, share and learn from each other, and begin to understand one another for a more cohesive community.
3. Promote Physical Health: Access to affordable preventative health care is a barrier for many people in Salinas, especially our undocumented community - we showcase local health resources and exercise options so our community can engage and learn about how to maintain physical health and live a healthful lifestyle.
4. Stimulate the Local Economy: Our vision is that on the day of Ciclovía, our local businesses are showcased and promoted - which in turn could increase their sales. This is a unique opportunity for local family owned businesses to showcase their products to new markets – when we make the decision to buy local, and not from huge corporations, the money stays local.
5. Develop Leadership Skills in Youth: The inception of an open-street event like Ciclovía Salinas originated from a group of youth interns from Building Healthy Communities back in 2013. They were the ones, with support of BHC, to push the project forward with the City of Salinas as well as plan, promote, and implement it. We see the internship as an opportunity for youth to develop leadership skills and get civically engaged.
To kick-off the event, beginning at 10:00 am, a 3K Fun Run will take place starting on Sanborn Road intersection. Runners will run from Sanborn to Main Street, so prepare your activities accordingly. Also, all booths will be located in the middle of the road in order to better showcase local businesses, encourage new markets and reduce speed of bike traffic.
The Salinas Ciclovía planning committee would like to invite your organization to have a booth the day of the event. Organizations are encouraged to provide an interactive or physically activity for the community along with their informational booth. For example, some activities may include: bean bag tossing, jump roping, hula hooping, arts and crafts, face painting, wheel of fortune etc. Please plan on providing your own tent, table and chairs. We ask that you submit your application by September 6, 2019 to ensure that you are given a space on the route, and so that we can develop the booth map for you all promptly. The location of your booth will be announced a week before the event via email. Your contribution and participation is an investment in the continued improvement of the health and overall well-being of our community.
Contact Information (Phone)
Contact Information (Email address)
Are you interested in receiving our sponsorship packet?
General Description of your booth & activity:
Please list any certifications you have related to this activity:
About the Route
Ciclovía Salinas will temporarily open Alisal Street from the corner of Main St. & West Alisal to the corner of N.Sanborn Rd. & East Alisal for recreational activity on Sunday, October 6, 2019 from 10 :00 am -2:00 pm. The route will have booths, events or stages with activities every 75 meters or so, encouraging the community to explore the entire route. The location of your activity will be announced a week before the event via email.
Ciclovía Salinas Participant Agreement & Expectation:
We sincerely thank you for your interest to participate in Ciclovía Salinas. In an effort to make Ciclovía Salinas an accessible event, we ask that you please do not sell products for profit. Instead, we ask that you provide resources and information to the community through tabling, activities, or informational flyers etc. Tables, tents and chairs will not be provided to you from Ciclovía Salinas. The Community Partner’s Activities will be outside and the Ciclovía will be a rain or shine event.
In signing this agreement you are committing to:
1. Setting up and breaking down your own booth/table/activity
2. Staying at the event from 10:00 am-2:00pm
3. Taking responsibility for your activities’ waste (trash cans along route will be provided by Ciclovía Salinas)
4. Arriving early for setup 8:30 - 9:30 am
Contact Person Signature:
Due: Monday, September 6th, 2019
Ciclovía Salinas Coordinator: Gabriela Manzo
Ciclovía Salinas Contact Information: 831-717-1384 &
Donations can be made out to: The ACTION Council
Note: The Action Council is a non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance the quality of life and empower the people of Monterey County. On behalf of the Action Council, I certify that you have not received any goods or services in exchange for this donation. For your reference, our tax ID # is 77-0357101
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service