CELT Retreat * Harrisonburg * Sep 14-17, 2020
CELT Empowerment and Leadership Training, MHAV’s flagship educational program, is 3 days of workshops designed to give mental health consumers important tools for successful leadership and the skills to make your voice heard. This commuter-style training is designed for those that are further along in their recovery and are contemplating involvement in their communities or in the workforce. Many organizations, facilities and localities are seeking consumers to join their boards, committees, and work groups to improve mental health services and focus on high quality services. Community Service Boards and local Human Rights Committees are required by Virginia law to include consumers in their activities.
This retreat-style program includes lodging, meals, course materials and tuition. Participants are expected to arrange their own transportation to the program.
Total cost for those who do not qualify for a scholarship or choose to self-pay is $500 which includes tuition, meals and lodging.
Please note that your application will be considered incomplete if all required documentation is not received by the application deadlines.
1. Complete self-assessment and background questions
2. Proof of Virginia residency and demonstration of financial need (for scholarship applicants)
3. Two references who can attest to the applicant's individual recovery and qualities in a group dynamic
Completed Application Deadline: 30 Days Prior to Program Start Date
- Include reference contact information and complete answers to questions
Supporting Documents Deadline: 21 Days Prior to Program Start Date
- Proof of Virginia Residency
- Completed Reference Questionnaires (Applicant is responsible for ensuring questionnaires are returned promptly to MHAV)
Cancellation Deadline: 14 Days Prior to Program Start Date
- Contact MHAV to confirm or cancel attendance
How did you hear about us?
Word of Mouth
Community Service Board
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Mental Health America of Virginia (MHAV).