ACPA Ambassador Application
The mission of the ACPA Ambassador Program is to promote leadership opportunities and networking connections for the graduate students and new professionals within ACPA. Our purpose is to provide professional development opportunities for graduate students and new professionals by building bridges between three core groups: throughout institutions within the organization; among the membership of the Standing Committee for Graduate Students and New Professionals; and across the greater membership within ACPA.
The ACPA Ambassadors provide a personal link between ACPA and campuses worldwide. Ambassadors are pro-active individuals seeking an opportunity to become actively engaged with their professional association while keeping their campuses educated about ACPA. Ambassadors will inform their institutions regarding ACPA/SCGSNP events and programs and bring feedback from their institutions back to ACPA. They will be able to explain the benefits of ACPA membership to faculty and administrators on their campuses and distribute information about the SCGSNP and ACPA. Participants will have many opportunities to serve ACPA while gaining valuable networking, leadership, and career development. The Ambassador position will provide engagement specifically focused for graduate students and new professionals.
Expectations of Ambassadors:
• Attend monthly conference calls with all Ambassadors, and periodic conference calls with your committee(s).
• Actively participate (on committee projects, regional initiatives, at your institution, etc.)!
• Connect and network with other Ambassadors!
• Communicate with your institution/program and communicate with us the feedback you are receiving from your institution/program. Share information with the colleagues at your institution (forward pertinent emails, etc.)
• Graduate Students should assist in the development of a student organization at institutions where there is not one in place and actively work with the organizations that are established.
• New professionals should promote the Phyllis Mabel New Professional Institute and facilitate one networking event or program on your campus, state, or region each semester.
• Keep us and others updated on your schedule (if you cannot make a conference call, need help on your tasks, etc.) .
• Submit monthly reports to your coordinator on what you have been working on if you cannot attend the conference calls.
• Please keep in mind that self-motivation and the ability to function autonomously are qualities you will need in order to be successful in this position, due to the physical proximity of other members.
• The term of the Ambassador Position is for 1 year (beginning in May). If for any reason you cannot fulfill your role as an ACPA Ambassador, please assist us in finding an individual from your institution that can complete your duties through April 2015.
While Convention attendance is not required, it is highly encouraged if you can attend.
The 2014 ACPA Annual Convention will be held March 30-April 2 in Indianapolis, Indiana (More information can be found here:
The 2015 ACPA Annual Convention will be held in Tampa, Florida (dates TBA).
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Your Email Address:
Are you a Graduate Student or New Professional? (If graduate student, please include Master's or Doctoral and what year in the program)
Assistantship Office or Position:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Clemson University.