18th Singapore Open
REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED and this form is now here purely for information purposes.
1-2 July, Fort Canning Lodge
. A PDF booking form can be emailed on request. Room rates are SGD135++ per room night for single or twin with SGD 70 for extra bed. Closest MRT station is Dhoby Ghaut. The venue is extremely central. Lunch will be provided both days.
Scedule: Registration 8.30 am Saturday. Games will start at 9 a.m. both days and are expected to end around 6 p.m. There will be a one-hour lunch break at 1 p.m.
Closing date for registration is 17 June 2017. Rules, format, directions and other details are below and will also be found at
. The tournament will be rated by the Scrabble Association and also by WESPA.
SA members - SGD 120
Nonmembers - SGD 130
The prize fund remains the same. The registrants have now been grouped into three ratings bands as per WESPA ratings and the prizes are:
Class A 500/350/250/150/100
Class B 200/150
Class C 150/120
By way of comparison, the previous allocation is as below. Unfortunately, there were insufficient numbers of registrants in the previous Class B for the allocation to be viable.
Class A - SGD500/350/200/150
Class B - SGD300/200/150/120.
Class A - SA rating 1620 and above, otherwise WESPA rating 1500 and above as at registration date; Class B - SA rating below 1620 or WESPA rating below 1500 as at registration date. If neither SA nor WESPA rating is available, SA ratings officers will assign class based on available information.
Rules, format and other terms and conditions:
1. The tournament will be played over 16 rounds in a single division with class prizes. The draw will be King-of-the-Hill with no repeats for the first 12 rounds and repeats thereafter. The “Gibson rule” may be applied if a clear winner emerges before the final round.
2. The organisers will accept entries on a first-come first-served basis, and reserve the right to decline entries as they see fit, or if capacity is exceeded.
3. The tournament will be played to WESPA Tournament Rules version 3, with options as permitted by the rules and specified on the Scrabble Association website at
4. Participants will not hold the organisers liable for any injury or loss experienced as a result of their participation.
5. Entry fees and eligibilities are as stated above. Singapore residents must pay entry fee before closing date; advice will be sent separately on payment methods. Non-resident SA members and overseas players may pay at the door although earlier payment will be appreciated as it will save time on tournament weekend.
6. The organisers reserve the right to amend, withdraw or cancel the competition for any reason at any time.
as in ratings list
if other than Singapore
for SA rating.
for WESPA rating
Home country rating
Required if neither SA or WESPA rating is known
Organisers cannot guarantee ability to accommodate all requirement, but will advise any provisions that can be arranged.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service