GROUP 2020 - SV Application
Thank you for your interest in being a Student Volunteer for the Group 2020 conference!
Please fill out the following application form to be eligible for an SV spot.
APPLICATIONS DUE: November 30th, 2019
NOTIFICATION OF SV SELECTION: By December 5th, 2019
January 6-8, 2020
Sanibel Island, Florida USA
Conference website =
WHY BECOME A STUDENT VOLUNTEER (SV)?
Being an SV is an excellent way to become familiar with the Group conference, create new friendships with other students, network with conference attendees, hear some interesting research talks, and provide academic service (a great addition to your CV!)
As a student volunteer, you will be provided with:
• A waived registration fee, which means free access to Group 2020’s program including all talks and receptions
• An appreciation lunch/dinner for the SVs
• An option to room with another SV throughout the conference to save money on hotel costs – The SV Co-Chairs will help assist with roommate arrangements
• Assist conference guests with registration and check-in
• Provide A/V setup and general technology and room support
• Help setup posters and provide assistance to attendees during the poster session
• Direct the conference guests to events, such as the conference reception
• Work approximately 20 hours over the 4 days of the conference
We are also looking for a few SVs who:
• Are skilled in event photography and are able to take high-quality, candid photos during the conference
• Must be a graduate student during the fall 2019 semester
• Must be a friendly, hardworking, and reliable person
• Must be able to travel to Sanibel Island, Florida USA and attend the conference from January 6-8, 2020
You do not need to have any previous SV experience, and we encourage students from all disciplines and backgrounds to apply.
The selection of SVs will be based on:
• The date and time each application is submitted - We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible
• Your response to the application questions, including why you want to be a Group SV
• Other attributes to ensure a diverse group of SVs (e.g., university, research interests, academic status, etc.)
Contact the SV Co-Chairs at
Karla Badillo-Urquiola, University of Central Florida
Jessica Pater, Georgia Tech
Name of your college/university
Current status in your graduate program (e.g., 2nd year PhD candidate):
Primary research interests
Have you ever been an SV before?
If you said "yes" to being an SV before, please provide the year(s) and conference(s) (e.g., 2015 CHI): *
On a scale of 1-4, how comfortable with you at troubleshooting issues with A/V and other technical devices (e.g., projectors, printers, laptops, etc.)?
Are you able to travel to Sanibel Island, Florida USA and attend the conference from January 06-08 (if you can only attend on certain days, please explain in the "other" option)?
Will you be presenting at GROUP 2020?
If you answered yes to presenting at GROUP 2020, please let us know what type of presentation (e.g., Paper, poster, Doctoral Consortium)
Please tell us why you want to be an SV for the Group 2020 conference?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service