Be advised that we may have a waitlist, and that wait times often fluctuate.
Also take this opportunity to look at our requirements for adoption one last time. If you are approved, you will receive an email communicating such. If changes need to be made, we will chat with you about that as well.
1. Cages must meet or exceed 600 square inches unbroken floor space (floor space is measured at the base of the cage, not based on advertised measurements. Also levels/connecting cages do not count toward this total) with a bar spacing of no more than 1/2 inch. No wire bottoms. No Crittertrails or Habitrail Ovo. See our website or ask us for ideas! ----Please note that 20 gallon long aquariums provide only 360 square inches and are no longer considered suitable.----For reference, a suitable cage is approximately 36 inches x 18 inches (or other configuration that meets the minimum).
2. Wheels must be 10" or larger and must offer a solid running surface. No wire or mesh wheels. See our website for ideas!
3. We highly recommend feeding Harlan Teklad with Higgins Sunburst seed mix and fresh foods. See our website for more details.
4. Soft, paper-based bedding is recommended. Hamsters must NOT be kept on cedar or pine bedding! These products can severely damage their respiratory systems and lead to irreversible damage and/or death.
5. Syrian hamsters must be kept solitary—no exceptions!
6. Hamsters may need veterinary care in their lifetimes. Adopters must be willing to obtain appropriate veterinary care for their hamster if needed. See our website for more information.
7. We STRONGLY discourage breeding our hamsters. However, if you are planning on breeding your hamster, please let us know up front. We would rather point you toward our best stock than have you breed a hamster that would have been better as a pet.