3rd Grade Alvin ISD Elementary Student UIL Permission to Participate ~ Wilder Elementary
This year the Alvin ISD Elementary UIL competition will take place at Manvel High School on January 24th -25th, 2020.
*** Detailed information about UIL and UIL events can be found at
and on the LIW UIL web page
* Please complete and submit this form to give permission and sign your child up for UIL.
* Student sign up will be available from September 26th - October 4th, 2019. October 4th, 2019 will be the last day for student sign up to ensure that UIL coaches have enough time to prepare for the students.
* We encourage your child to sign up for no more than 3-4 UIL events so they can devote the necessary time to study and prepare for competition. Please consider your child's participation and commitment carefully.
* All UIL practices will begin the week of October 7th on the designated day of the week on this sign up form and will be held once a week before or after school. It is important that your child arrives to practice and is picked up from practice on time. During the first practice, UIL coaches will send a letter home with your child with detailed information regarding their event/s and practice/try out days/times/location. Students who are repeatedly late or are not picked up at the designated time will not be allowed to participate.
* Each UIL event will hold tryouts or elimination rounds to select students for the District UIL Competition. The top 3 students and 1 alternate student will be selected to participate for most events. For Music Memory and Art, we have the ability to choose more students, but that is up to the individual coach's discretion. Students and parents will be notified of selection results by letter by December 13, 2019.
Please remember that students are expected to commit to the events they sign up for and are required to follow all school rules and procedures during UIL practices and at UIL competition. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact your child's coach or LIW UIL Campus Coordinator, Mrs. McCord, at
For 3rd grade, please refer to the following list for the available events with days and times of practices:
--English Storytelling: Mondays and Tuesdays from 3:30-4:30 pm for tryouts; Tuesdays from 3:30-4:30 pm once teams have been selected
--Spanish Storytelling: Thursdays from 3:45-4:45 pm
--Chess Puzzle Solving: Thursdays at 7:30 am
--Spelling: Thursdays at 7:30 am
--Ready Writing: Wednesdays at 7:15 am
Parent Phone Number
How will your student be picked up from after school practices?
My student will be a car rider and will be picked up at the front of the school.
My student will walk or ride their bike home.
My student will go to Gathering Kids.
My student is not signing up for any after school practices.
Date of form submission
Student First and Last Name
By typing my first and last name, I am giving permission for my child to sign up and participate in the appropriate grade level event/s designated below.
3rd Grade Events: My child has permission to try out for UP TO 4 COACHED events. I understand that coached events will meet weekly for practices before or after school. Coaches will send home try out/practice letters once students have signed up and attended the first practice. Detailed event descriptions can be found at
Chess Puzzle Solving (chess knowledge required/looking at strategies on paper/not actually chess play) held on Thursdays at 7:30 am
Ready Writing (written prompt) held Wednesdays at 7:15 am
Spelling (paper/pencil spelling test of given word list) held on Thursdays at 7:30 am
English Storytelling (listen to story and retell) initial tryouts held on Mondays and Tuesdays from 3:30-4:30 pm; practices held on Tuesdays from 3:30-4:30 pm
Spanish Storytelling (listen to story and retell) held on Thursdays from 3:45-4:45 pm
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service