GCAP GREEN GRANT REQUEST
MISSION: The goal of the GCAP Grant is to provide competitive grants to undergraduate students that propose projects that aim to reduce the campus’s environmental impact.
1. Projects and events must work to benefit UCR's students, faculty, campus, or organizations.
2. Projects must promote environmental sustainability in topics including, but not limited to: Environmental Awareness/Education, Food Insecurity, Sustainable Farming/Gardening, Green Design/Infrastructure, Urban Development, Recycling, Renewable/Alternative Energy, and Transportation.
3. Projects must fall within the GCAP definition of sustainability by reducing the planet's overall environmental impact.
(i.e. new recycling programs, purchasing LED lights, energy conservation awareness campaigns, etc.)
4. Projects must have a clearly-defined, and measurable outcome.
5. Projects must have an evaluation and follow-up component after funding has been dispersed. At minimum, a project must include a report made to the GCAP Board after implementation including the measured outcome.
6. Projects must be submitted by UCR undergraduate students or organizations.
7. Projects must receive all necessary written approval by the appropriate campus officials prior to consideration (if applicable).
8. Projects must be publicized to the campus undergraduate population.
9. Projects must have undergraduate student participation.
10. In the case of infrastructural improvements, staff oversight is required.
11. Grants cannot be used for travel or off-campus conferences/registration fees except in the case of GCAP Committee travel.
12. GCAP funding will not support sustainability projects already mandated by law or UCR policy since UCR is already obligated to allocate funds for such projects.
13. Each project can receive up to $4,000.00 per quarter, contingent on availability.
DEADLINE: The earlier you submit your application; the faster you will receive your allocation, if approved. We accept applications all year long. Your hearing date will be the week following your application submission.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service